No announcement yet.

Tiki Tiki!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic news sir, we will all look forward to a complete report when you are ready.
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

• Yay...we miss you here in the "Greens" though! Thank gosh for cell phones and texting...Little Southie is beside herself!
      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
      sigpic

Comment

• Glad you made it, let me know your homestead is ready for out-of-town vagrants...
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• So glad everyone arrived well Bluesman...I send my best
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by THL View Post
            So glad everyone arrived well Bluesman...I send my best
            I second that!
            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Bluesman,

Glad you and the family arrived safely.Nothing like a cross-country move to stress everybody out.Hope everything continues to go well.:)
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Thanks, all. Especially to my once-and-future neighbors. Denise, pass on to Bob the love we send back to our home-across-the-miles. We could NOT have done this without your amazing help, and I sure am glad we're all still friends after you put us up in your home and put up with us while we were there.

You define the term 'good neighbor'.

PS - Did Ileen's goodie-gift get there yet?

To everybody else - WOW, that trip was like some 'Outward Bound' trek, but instead of a tough hike, it was a long drive. But the things we saw, the adventure we had - just great. Caught some well-needed breaks along the way, almost nothing to break the positive spirit and string of 'can-you-believe-that-just-happened?' moments of a most memorable trip with the three greatest women I know.

At this time, we're safely moored to a temporary lodging facility on Travis. We can stay here for 30 days (plus another 30 IF we REALLY, REALLY need to), so we purty much gotta get into a place ASAP. Sux living out of our suitcases, with all our stuff packed into a warehouse someplace, BUT we're together, we're here, and we're impressed with the sheer good fortune that's brought us here.

I'll post up some more when I can. Right now, I just got out of the gym (first workout in MONTHS of neglecting myself, which is starting to show: weight gain, WICKED stress symptoms, and muscles that are nothing to be proud of), so I should quit sweating all over the computer room here in the billetting office. We're going to lay in some supplies from the commissary, and tonight I'm on-duty for the Famous Daddy Spaghetti(tm), which should make everybody feel more 'normal'. (Last night, it was a steak dinner, which made ME feel a WHOLE lot better, after six days' worth of Meals Between Pieces of Bread(tm), with a side of 'Eaten Behind the Wheel While Doing 80mph'(tm).

ANYhoo, I can feel the good thoughts coming through to us from all my WABbits, and we sure put 'em to good use, and can use some more. Thanks for the psychic electron-transmitted helping hands, guys. I'm sending it right on back to you.

Comment

• So the Eagle has landed, and Florida's loss is California's gain. Congratulations on a successful trip and a new start.

-dale

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                    Thanks, all. Especially to my once-and-future neighbors. Denise, pass on to Bob the love we send back to our home-across-the-miles. We could NOT have done this without your amazing help, and I sure am glad we're all still friends after you put us up in your home and put up with us while we were there.

You define the term 'good neighbor'.

PS - Did Ileen's goodie-gift get there yet?

To everybody else - WOW, that trip was like some 'Outward Bound' trek, but instead of a tough hike, it was a long drive. But the things we saw, the adventure we had - just great. Caught some well-needed breaks along the way, almost nothing to break the positive spirit and string of 'can-you-believe-that-just-happened?' moments of a most memorable trip with the three greatest women I know.

At this time, we're safely moored to a temporary lodging facility on Travis. We can stay here for 30 days (plus another 30 IF we REALLY, REALLY need to), so we purty much gotta get into a place ASAP. Sux living out of our suitcases, with all our stuff packed into a warehouse someplace, BUT we're together, we're here, and we're impressed with the sheer good fortune that's brought us here.

I'll post up some more when I can. Right now, I just got out of the gym (first workout in MONTHS of neglecting myself, which is starting to show: weight gain, WICKED stress symptoms, and muscles that are nothing to be proud of), so I should quit sweating all over the computer room here in the billetting office. We're going to lay in some supplies from the commissary, and tonight I'm on-duty for the Famous Daddy Spaghetti(tm), which should make everybody feel more 'normal'. (Last night, it was a steak dinner, which made ME feel a WHOLE lot better, after six days' worth of Meals Between Pieces of Bread(tm), with a side of 'Eaten Behind the Wheel While Doing 80mph'(tm).

ANYhoo, I can feel the good thoughts coming through to us from all my WABbits, and we sure put 'em to good use, and can use some more. Thanks for the psychic electron-transmitted helping hands, guys. I'm sending it right on back to you.
                    Hey, glad you made it to the other coast safely. Anytime you are in the area, the Bed and Breakfast is open for you. We enjoyed having you stay with us, and of course we are still friends! More like family!! :) I already told Ashley it's a long flight to the west coast. She's ready!!! We'll wait til you get your own place instead of TLF.
                    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                    sigpic

Comment

• Okay, update:
                      We'll be closing on our new house this week. (Good GAWD, have y'all seen the PRICES out here?!?! I canNOT believe that a supposedly-sane lender would give that much munny to an unemployed meshugah like me, but they went for it, the suckers.) Really cool place: 4 beds, 2.5 baths, solar-powered, itty-bitty lot, really nice features and appointments throughout...and apparently, a dam' good deal, from what we're being told by neutral parties. Sure doesn't FEEL like a bargain, though... Cute town, too: Vacaville. I have a good feeling we're going to make a few bux when we pack up in four years.

ANYhoo, about that 'unemployed' thang: lookin' good for another intel gig with my old consulting firm. I'm going to try to learn enough about being a Ground Moving Targets Indicator Forensics Analyst (basically, a J-STARS data analyst) to fool enough people into thinking I'm worth a lot of munny. (Hey, Shameless, I'm still considering your company, because I'm having a hard time selling myself on a 90.5 mile commute...ONE-WAY! ) If I take thisGMTI deal, hey better be giving me LOTS of wampum, because it's alllll the way up to Beale AFB, and even with our hybrid, that is gonna be tuff to face every dam' work-day, yo.

Capt Bluesman (y'all catch that? She's a CAPTAIN now!) is liking the operating room gig. She's also as fit as she's ever been in her life, and just RAVISHING! She's about to go off the deep end, waiting for me to get a job, though...

PFC Blueskid is apparently having a total BLAST at Basic Training (not even kiddin', neither; his letters have a really positive, happy tone, and I can tell he's eating this UP!), and he seems to be making friends, getting stronger, and learning the fundamentals of his trade. Couldn't be prouder...but as soon as I see that Stetson and those spurs, I bet I WILL be prouder.:)

The girls are waiting for skool to start, and we're ready as we've ever been to get back to 'normal' life. Living out of the suitcases hasn't been optimal, but you've never seen such willing, good-natured kids. I'm so proud of their whole attitude and the way they've been trying to be helpful and 'up' when things have been stressful. I always knew that they had iron spines, and I've been really impressed with their willingness to give for the family. Both of 'em lost a pet: EJ's guinea pig died just before we left Tampa, and Tory's bunny died last week. That was tuff, but, once again, THEY were the ones to pull Mom and Dad out of a funk!

So there ya go: more as it develops.

Comment

• Glad to see all y'all are settling in your new place.:) I was just about to ask how the escrow is going.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Bluesman..Congratulation to CAPTAIN Blue'. Hope the house thing works out for you all, and you settle in nice and quick. On the job front, somehow I don't think you will be unemployed for too long;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                            Capt Bluesman (y'all catch that? She's a CAPTAIN now!) is liking the operating room gig. She's also as fit as she's ever been in her life, and just RAVISHING! She's about to go off the deep end, waiting for me to get a job, though....
                            Pass on my congradulations to her.

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                            PFC Blueskid is apparently having a total BLAST at Basic Training (not even kiddin', neither; his letters have a really positive, happy tone, and I can tell he's eating this UP!), and he seems to be making friends, getting stronger, and learning the fundamentals of his trade. Couldn't be prouder...but as soon as I see that Stetson and those spurs, I bet I WILL be prouder.:)
                            Did you expect something different? This kid wasn't in diapers yet before already having the military in his blood down to the platelet.
                            In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                            The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

• Congratulations Captain Bluesman! Very proud of you!!

And I didn't expect anything different of Blueskid. He was gung ho about going in to the Army and that's the best way to be when starting something new!
                              sigpic

Comment

• So --- when is the party?
                                Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Working...
                                X