The New World Affairs Board Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    Changed the globe so that it is positioned on the Atlantic Ocean. Still can't seem to dig up a globe focused on other parts of the world.
    Ironduke,you cannot please all the people all of the time..YOU choose and that's it!! A job well done Sir:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Ironduke,you cannot please all the people all of the time..YOU choose and that's it!! A job well done Sir:)
      What a creep!
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

The above covers Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia...so along with the one you have, we have almost everything covered.:)

Comment

Looks wonderful
          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            What a creep!
            Glyn he has always been the same he told "Monty" the exact same thing after "MARKET GARDEN"........................
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Like the new banner

Oh yeah! what do you guys think?

Comment

The Ferrous One has spoken.
                Now how about the glaring spelling mistakes.....
                Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                  The Ferrous One has spoken.
                  Now how about the glaring spelling mistakes.....
                  What spelling mistakes!!

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                    What spelling mistakes!!
                    Its Defence and Favourite.....
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Defence, apparently. ;)
                      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Like it, but like 667Medic said,...................those spelling mistakes.

The greatest instrument of moral good is the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          Dave,

It is not a question of pleasing all.

It is question of pleasing the raison d'etre of WAB, so to say. The essence of WAB. Its a worldwide phenomenon (yes, phenomenon!) and not a niche group.

That is what I am suggesting to Ironduke.

Ironduke,

Check the undermentioned sites, if you wish:

Revolving Earth Globe | ImageReady Animation

http://www.steamboats.com/clipart/earth.gif

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

That's far beyond my technical skill, Brig. Ray.

I haven't the slightest idea on how to create an animated gif.

I can, however, create another banner with the Middle East centered (thus displaying most of the rest of the world's land mass) and have them display 50/50. I just need to find a picture of the globe I used that shows that part of the world.

If anybody can find a picture of an identical globe with a focus on the Middle East, I'll create a second banner and put it into rotation (not animated, but displaying 50/50).

If anybody would be willing to compress the current banner to say, 50kb (no visible quality loss), I would also be much obliged. Please attach the photo here if you can compress it.
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              That's far beyond my technical skill, Brig. Ray.

I haven't the slightest idea on how to create an animated gif.

I can, however, create another banner with the Middle East centered (thus displaying most of the rest of the world's land mass) and have them display 50/50. I just need to find a picture of the globe I used that shows that part of the world.

If anybody can find a picture of an identical globe with a focus on the Middle East, I'll create a second banner and put it into rotation (not animated, but displaying 50/50).

If anybody would be willing to compress the current banner to say, 50kb (no visible quality loss), I would also be much obliged. Please attach the photo here if you can compress it.
                              Ironduke, give me about a week (I don't have much time to spare) and I'll whip one up for you in the same style as the one above.
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Some potentials:

Not free
                                Animated Backgrounds - Video Backgrounds - Motion Backgrounds, Globe 59 is really cool!
                                globe animation - rotating globe animations

Free
                                http://www.geo.ua.edu:16080/asil/Ima...ated-globe.gif

Other options
                                animated globe - Google Image Search
                                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                                X