Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
    Who?
    before we start
    What did you do to those 2RTR guys?

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
      What did you do to those 2RTR guys?
      We gave them 3RTR (Armoured Farmers)
      Join the Army! Travel to exotic, distant lands and sweep it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        True, the cavalry is too posh! ;) :)
        Not "Posh" just "Donkey Wallopers" Ray

Comment

I'd say the best Cav unit in India is the Poona Horse...4 Victoria Crosses and 2 PVC's!!
          "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
          And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
          For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

I have a question...why dont we see anyone from the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment?
            Because they wouldnt admit to it

Comment

Originally posted by Draconion View Post
              I'd say the best Cav unit in India is the Poona Horse...4 Victoria Crosses and 2 PVC's!!
              nice to hear of the bravery of other Units...must be a very proud Regiment:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                nice to hear of the bravery of other Units...must be a very proud Regiment:)
                hear hear
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

I see the good Brigadier has,as usual ,done his homework..But Calvalry Never Sir Never.(off for a small lie down in a dark room )

Comment

A better explanation

Here is the official link giving a more accurate and visual explanation of our history.

The Royal Tank Regiment

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      *** looking at the 22 bottles scotch on the wall *** Think I'm going to empty the Oban on this thread.
                      That'd probably leave your stomach quite a bit more upset than 99 bottles of beer on the wall, Sir.
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Compare the RTR cap badge and ours which is in my signature.

My Regiment was a Machine Gun Regiment that converted to Infantry!

Our Regt crest is:

Crossed Vickers barrel with the pillar of Koregaon (later changed to a dagger) and the Vickers tripod is below.

Our Motto Yash Siddhi (originally in Roman script and later changed to Hindi) = Fame and Honour is on top and the inscription Mahar MG Regiment is below (later changed to Mahar Regiment (Roman script) when the Regt converted to Infantry and then again it was changed from the Roman script to Hindi.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Ray; 22 Feb 07,, 19:40.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          Because they wouldnt admit to it
                          Hmmm...so some of you guys are actually from the 2RTR..GOTCHA!;)

Comment

Hmmm...so some of you guys are actually from the 2RTR..GOTCHA!;)
                            No sir, we are all 1RTR..For the sake of any 2RTR pers on the WAB we may? make them Honoury Members:) provided they send every Real Tankie 30 pieces of silver!! (or a 10 pack of Herfy)

Comment

Heh, I think I'd like to hear what some of the 2RTR guys would have to say ;):)
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                                Heh, I think I'd like to hear what some of the 2RTR guys would have to say ;):)
                                I have trained and served with quite a few from the 2nd (3rd & 4th also), and a good bunch of lads they were too.
                                The only difference between the 1st & 2nd is the area that each recruits from. Historic tradition as you can see is identical, along with Regimental pride, sense of humour, professionalism and dedication.

Although we naturally know we are slightly better

Comment

Working...
                                X