Pelosi wants a bigger jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi wants a bigger jet

Pelosi wants the air force to fly her around in a B-757.

Former speakers of the house, including ever corrupt republicans like Dennis Hastert, flew in commuter-sized planes. It's nice to see that a representive of the little guys, a democrat, wants the air force to fly her around in a medium sized jet liner.

Pelosi's push for jet remains up in air - Nation/Politics - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

Has anyone noticed that Pelosi never wears the same cloth twice for work?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

But Snow on Thursday said the negotiations over Pelosi's transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office — or the White House.

----

White House Backs Pelosi Request
    Thursday, Feb. 08, 2007 By AP/JIM KUHNHENN

(WASHINGTON) — The White House on Thursday defended House Speaker Nancy Pelosi against Republican criticism that her desire to fly in an Air Force transport plane is an extravagance.

"This is a silly story and I think it's been unfair to the speaker," White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

Some Republicans are taking issue with the size of the plane Pelosi has requested. Pelosi, a Democrat, asked for access to a C-32, a military version of the Boeing 757-200, that could fly to her hometown of San Francisco without refueling.

"It's not a question of size, it's a question of distance," Pelosi said Wednesday. "We want an aircraft that can reach California."

The Pentagon this week informed Pelosi's staff that she would be provided with a plane but that its size would be based on availability and that it could not guarantee nonstop service.

After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Pentagon agreed to provide the House speaker, who is second in the line of presidential succession, with a military plane for added security during trips back home.

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, an Illinois Republican, flew in a small commuter-sized Air Force jet.

Rep. Adam Putnam of Florida, the No. 3 Republican leader, called Pelosi's desire for a large transport plane "an extravagance of power that the taxpayers won't swallow."

"It's important we see what the specific request was," Putnam said.

But Snow on Thursday said the negotiations over Pelosi's transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office — or the White House.

The guidelines provided by the Pentagon say Pelosi could be accompanied by family members, provided they pay the government coach fare. The plane could not be used for travel to political events. Members of Congress could accompany her on the plane if the travel is cleared by the House ethics committee.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Oh please - to a woman, it's all about size.
      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
        Oh please - to a woman, it's all about size.
        That's not what she said!

"It's not a question of size" Pelosi said Wednesday.

The Pentagon this week informed Pelosi's staff that she would be provided but that its size would be based on availability and that it could not guarantee nonstop service.

Rep. Adam Putnam of Florida, the No. 3 Republican leader, called Pelosi's desire "an extravagance of power that the taxpayers won't swallow."

"It's important we see what the specific request was," Putnam said.

Members of Congress could accompany her if the travel is cleared by the House ethics committee.
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

shek,

regarding

"It's not a question of size" Pelosi said Wednesday.

The Pentagon this week informed Pelosi's staff that she would be provided but that its size would be based on availability and that it could not guarantee nonstop service.

Rep. Adam Putnam of Florida, the No. 3 Republican leader, called Pelosi's desire "an extravagance of power that the taxpayers won't swallow."
          from a favorite show of mine, "arrested development":

Michael: There are just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Give her a rocket! ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Give her a private drone, a pocket reader of Dalem's greatest quotes, and fly her over Edwards AFB.
              The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

And a GPS, please!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  Give her a rocket! ;)
                  ...to the moon!
                  Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

It's all about going the distance!

Of course there's plenty of sexual innuendo in that above statement. :D

Comment

Working...
                    X