X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sucks..................literally.

i want a Tecra M3 notebook :( rather than vista craps,

Comment

I know it will be more MS crap, but I feel the urge to install it. I have a free upgrade to Vista available. :)
      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
        Heck. I did GREAT with only ME. Then computer fixer-uppers come along and upgrade me. Then I have to learn how to use the thing all over again. I really don't have the time or the patience for that.

When I got this new PC last November, the tech didn't have Photoshop 7.0 that I used for years. So he installed Photoshop CS2. It sucks and doesn't even come on anymore.

I found my old back up disk of 7.0, found the serial number in a hidden file and now I've got my old program back that I'm used to.

My scanner will only scan pictures and no longer gives me the option to scan slides and negatives.

I also want the old MS Word and MS Excel. All my files were done under those, especially my book. The latest Word program drives me crazy. When I want to print something up in Fast Draft, it doubles the size of the page.

The tech is coming out tomorrow morning to see what he can do. I asked him to find a disk for the OLD MS word and excel. If he can fix it, I will be so much happier at dinner that night as my wife and I will be celebrating the train trip we took to Las Vegas 38 years ago and came back as a married couple (in her bachelor pad because the new owner of the duplex I was in ran a bulldozer through it).

This new and fancy stuff is fine for geeks that have nothing else better to do than invent a new language in their instruction books. I think it's called Geekinese. I don't understand a thing they're talking about because I was never into electronics.

Armor plate was so much simpler.
        Naach na jaane, aangan teda. :)
        I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Tis an old hindi saying

(non literal) Translation: If you can't dance well, blame the dance floor.

I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            I don't like it. Needs too much horsepower to run and the icons are too huge. Although the visual effects are nice. Then again, those need a new video card to show.
            All Microsoft softwares are bloated to boost Hardware sales. This is an informal arrangement between all major s/f and h/w makers.
            I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              I almost feel sorry for you Pc/windows people.
              Am on Ubuntu .. but I do use Windows too, I have to .. for testing etc.
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
                YEah..although many of the better games have got their Mac version.

What were you using before that?I use the XP but I also have Win2000 installed as a back up...which fortunately I didnt have to use too many times...which considering its Microsoft is very surprising..
                I upgraded to Windows 2000 just 3 years ago. Before that, I was on Windows 98.

I had everything tuned just right for me to run games. I have more than enough power to run anything Microsoft can throw at me, but I like to have maximum performance possible, so I don't normally upgrade until I'm sure all bugs are worked out.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I upgraded to Windows 2000 just 3 years ago. Before that, I was on Windows 98.
                  I'm still running Win2K on my laptop, and even have one HD still configured with 98, lol.

I use XP at work though, newer computer.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new laptop, so I guess I'll go ahead and get Vista, bugs and all...
                  "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I had everything tuned just right for me to run games. I have more than enough power to run anything Microsoft can throw at me, but I like to have maximum performance possible, so I don't normally upgrade until I'm sure all bugs are worked out.
                    That is true.I think Win2000 is a very stable platform.I cant remember when last time my Win2K hanged up.And yes any new system (particularly Microsoft ) is bound to have zillions of bugs.Ruling out all bugs in Vista...lets say 5+ years.

I was thinking of installing Linux...do any good games run on linux?

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      I almost feel sorry for you Pc/windows people.
                      Me too. Almost...
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        Me too. Almost...
                        Pari, that's because you have not done the Microsoft devotional! It goes like this:

"Our father, who art in Redmond
                        Microsoft be thy name
                        Thy monopoly come, thy will be done
                        throughout the earth as it is in the US.
                        Give us this day, our daily activation key
                        And forgive us our bug reports
                        as we forgive our system crashes
                        And lead us not into competition
                        But deliver us from innovation
                        For thine is the Control, and the Power and the Greed
                        Forever. Amen."

But seriously, I have been on the Microsoft Beta teams since Win95 days, so I don't know what the fuss is all about. I have been running Vista even in Beta on one of my systems at work with no problems!

There are 6 different versions of this beast. Which one are you guys having trouble with?:)

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
                          ...But seriously, I have been on the Microsoft Beta teams since Win95 days, so I don't know what the fuss is all about. I have been running Vista even in Beta on one of my systems at work with no problems!

There are 6 different versions of this beast. Which one are you guys having trouble with?:)
                          John, I have been beta testing since NT3.5 days, but I stopped at XP, it just became too much monkeying around.

Are you running Premier on your work computer?
                          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Pari, that's because you have not done the Microsoft devotional! It goes like this:

"Our father, who art in Redmond
                            Microsoft be thy name
                            Thy monopoly come, thy will be done
                            throughout the earth as it is in the US.
                            Give us this day, our daily activation key
                            And forgive us our bug reports
                            as we forgive our system crashes
                            And lead us not into competition
                            But deliver us from innovation
                            For thine is the Control, and the Power and the Greed
                            Forever. Amen."

But seriously, I have been on the Microsoft Beta teams since Win95 days, so I don't know what the fuss is all about. I have been running Vista even in Beta on one of my systems at work with no problems!

I actually run XP on my vaio and it's ok, as long as I stick to the golden rule, NEVER connect it to the internet.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                              John, I have been beta testing since NT3.5 days, but I stopped at XP, it just became too much monkeying around.

Are you running Premier on your work computer?
                              No, I'm running Utimate, with Media Center built-in.

Ironic as it is, @ home I would have to upgrade hardware!

My "surfboard", in the washer-dryer room/ garage / only allowed smoking area of the house, is only a PIII 733 and is running Win2K professional.

The shiny new AMD XP2800 with Xp Professional I built for me 2 years ago was stolen by my wife and daughter and taken to the daughter's room cuz they did not want to be in the garage "with all that smoke", and she wanted to run Microsoft Student.

The Beta programs have been fun, only the cheap ba$ard$ won't ship T-shirts and toys anymore!!

Comment

You don't have problems because you don't play games. Load up on some newer games and the driver support goes to the sh!tters. nVidia posted their most stable video driver yet only 2 weeks ago. Before that, many games were simply unplayable.

6? I only count 5.

Home Basic
                                Home Premium
                                Business
                                Enterprise
                                Ultimate

By the way, what are the major differences? I've only used ultimate so far.
                                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X