• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunmen rob cricket legend Imran

For the cricket fans.

Gunmen rob cricket legend Imran

Imran Khan and his sons were not hurt in the attack
    Pakistan cricket legend Imran Khan has been robbed by armed men in the country's capital, Islamabad.

Mr Khan was driving with his two young sons when a vehicle pulled in front and forced him to stop, his spokesman said.

Two men appeared from bushes with semi-automatic weapons and Mr Khan was forced to hand over money, credit cards and his mobile phone.

He and his sons, aged seven and five, were not hurt. Mr Khan, 51, is now a member of Pakistan's parliament.

World Cup glory

His spokesman, Akbar S Babar, said: "This shows an overall breakdown of law and order in Pakistan.

"Imran Khan feels that VIPs and ordinary people have no protection at all."

Mr Babar told the BBC that Mr Khan had been getting veiled threats about his opposition to President Pervez Musharraf but did not accuse the authorities of involvement.

The legendary all-rounder played 82 Tests for Pakistan and led them to World Cup victory over Australia in 1992.

His high-profile marriage to British socialite Jemima Goldsmith ended in divorce in June.

The BBC's Zaffar Abbas in Islamabad says some analysts regard Mr Khan as a confused politician, who backed General Musharraf at the time of his military coup and even in the referendum that legitimised his rule, but then turned against him to become one of his biggest critics.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/3966215.stm

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

They got caught! This guy's politicising everything. He started off as a good guy, don't know what happened... He leans too much onto the side of the radicals now. Perhaps troubles with his marriage... I won't be surprised that in a few years this guy would be joining the MMA with the Tehrik-e-Insaaf.

Comment

Working...
    X