India's Navy Vs. China's Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kontakera,
    blue water navy means a navy with a capability to leave its shores and move out in open ocean .
    And indian navy can just move around in indian ocean

Comment

I always thought that Indian navy could go on the offensive. Is it cause its too small to go on an offensive, or some other reasons? I thought Indian navy had a lot of frigates to dominate the seas just in general with destroyers and transport ships for troops?
      Oh yeah, can Indian navy defend against any navy in the world successfully, in just dog fights?

Comment

Sry i ask a lot of questions

Comment

hi friend,

Originally posted by hammer
          yes i agree a naval conflict if it occurs would occur near malacca straits. i think a new naval command is being established in Andaman ( or has it in place already ? ) . the chinese would like to use their subs in that conflict . i dont think they would send in a naval fleet. how good is the ASW capability of the Indian navy against chinese subs? somebody help me here. both the navies have kilo class subs. Indian navy has two upgraded kilo 877EKM . they will be there for sure.
          I shared some common point of wiew with yours.India have a navy which is stronger than chinese one.Most of it,s destroyers and one vessel were introduced
          from russia.If war break out withing 3 years,india will get the upper hand.because
          china can,t win the war without vessel ship.
          I conclude that if you want to get the upper hand in modern war you must grip air domination.

Comment

I'd say that any thinking about "a big fight around the straits" is leading nowhere. Why would anybody (especially India) would want to fight a "big final decesisive battle"?

More appealing is the idea about a blockade.

So there is a cpuple onteresting questions. Can India (China) execute such a blockade, and China (India) get rid of it?

Comment

Lurker,

Colonel has already said it. You block anything in/thro the straits of Malacca, you just invited USN, RAN, JMSDF and prolly SN.

Anyone who thinks that they can successfully bloackade the other is just dreaming.
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

i think OOE did give a good explanation why blockade cannot be easily implemented.
                India blocking. iots gonna be difficult to decide on which ship goes to china and which to japan australia etc etc. And if india starts messing up with japaneese ships then things will go real messy and uncle sam will enter in . Though on the second thought in case uncle sam decides to reduce the chineese power and thus help india just a bit by keeping a policy of non intereference type of stuff Then that makes sure that china will bleed. and bleed a lot. Obviously we will block oil . But we cannot dare to block teh japanees oil .
                But one place that can be blocked in gwadar port. But i really dont know how much that will help.china can stop it by attacking the indian andeman 9islands and strait . But thats gonna be a tough job as there will even be IAF aroung flying to help them . And may be even MKI's to kick the asss of Chineese Navy.They will need a lot of Air su[pport and a lot of navy to attack the Andeman area. (though the tsunami surely has helped in case the battles are in near future.

Though if the pipeline deal goes thru what will be blocked is oil from paksitan and then india need s a counteraction in the form of a dam that can kill pakistan in case it does such an act.

China cannot block because what will it block?? Simple trade items will be a good shot. to block.

Comment

You dont exactly need Af or Naval assets to hit Andaman Island. Chinese have enought missile batteries to do the same job accurately and effectively. they can launch it from the Coco Islands, a stones throw from Andamans.
                  A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                    You dont exactly need Af or Naval assets to hit Andaman Island. Chinese have enought missile batteries to do the same job accurately and effectively. they can launch it from the Coco Islands, a stones throw from Andamans.

I found the PLA base at http://www.fas.org/irp/world/china/facilities/coco.htm.

Great blocking position.

Article on the bases:
                    http://www.indiareacts.com/archivesp...o=21&ctg=World

Tsunami effects:
                    http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/PDFs/Tsunami_Damage_(DVB).pdf

What actions has India/US taken to negate these Chinese bases? They seem a HUGE threat.

Comment

Wouldnt Indian Air Defense be suffcient enough to take out the ballistics? The missiles have to pass through land (Nepal, Bhutan, and a big chunk of India", then through Indian navy. Oh yeah, if the Chinese wanted to take out Andaman and Nicobar islands, wouldnt they have enough air and naval to do so? I know the 4000 jets are as good as "Toys r us" equipment, but they have to be good for something right? Say they use a good chunk out of their airforce, and 3/4 of their navy for attack, plus you can count on Pak attacking from the West, wouldnt that be a good attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Franco Lolan
                        I found the PLA base at http://www.fas.org/irp/world/china/facilities/coco.htm.

Great blocking position.
                        What position? Radar post?
                        It would be gone in first hours of the real conflict. China cannot defend it.

I have doubts that China's navy would be able to operate even in straits without a close refueling base. Range is really not a strong point of their ship's power plants.

Comment

Navy wouldn't be a factor if China and India were to goto a war. Neither of the coutries has a such a strong navy. Strategically, iit would be a disaster.
                          India wouldn't go to China Sea, Chinese won't come to Bay of Bengal, with or without a refuelling base. India though could use Taiwan's help, in such a situation, but that seems like a remote possiibility.
                          Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

I Dont Think India Has A Weak Navy, Its Actually The 4th Largest In The World. Wait, Why Would India Send Ships To Japan And Australia. I Always Thought Japan Might Back India Up Politically In A War Against China. Plus, In Anycase A War Would Be A Landwar. If China Manages To Cross India's Border It Has To Deal With Whats "in The Fort". By Then China's Army Will Be Completely Mauled. Same With India's Army. Wouldnt It Just Be A Border Line Dispute?

Comment

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
                              I Dont Think India Has A Weak Navy, Its Actually The 4th Largest In The World. Wait, Why Would India Send Ships To Japan And Australia. I Always Thought Japan Might Back India Up Politically In A War Against China. Plus, In Anycase A War Would Be A Landwar. If China Manages To Cross India's Border It Has To Deal With Whats "in The Fort". By Then China's Army Will Be Completely Mauled. Same With India's Army. Wouldnt It Just Be A Border Line Dispute?
                              I completely agree with you when we talk about probable japanese-india coalition
                              forces to counter a posible chinese invasion on border area.
                              I list top-7 navy fleet of the word, in terms of their comprehensive capability.
                              1.american
                              2.russia
                              3.japan(he will replace russia after getting nuclear submarines)
                              4.frence
                              5.india
                              6.british
                              7.china
                              Do you agree with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
                                Jay,
                                Coco Islands are not a problem, they will be neutralised.
                                Andamans and Nicobar, are like an unsinkable air craft carrier. They will face attacks from PLAN missiles, but these PLAN ships are at the mercy of IAF/IN aircraft too.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X