This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
    I Mean, Tried To Look On The Better Side....i Really Did, But When I Started To Eat, And A Slumb Begger Comes Up To Me And Says " Blah Blah Blah", I Think Thats What He Said Even. I Wanted To Throw Up Man! No Offense But I Just Think U Guys Should Hand Over The 400,000 Slump People To The Paks. Say Its A Gift From Us To U.
    Those 400,000 slump people have the same fundamental rights in india as any other indian citizen.Well u are American Indian and ur reaction is obvoius but frankly its just a way to look at it . i m from a well to do family and about to finish my education.I look at these people with an eye of mercy as they never got an opporunity in their life to do somethin.. and i was lucky (just as mahatma gandhi said whenever in life u feel depressed remember the face of the poorest man u ever saw.U'll know how better u are.though there are others like you who look at them as a thorn in their feet.i'll just say that u r lucky to be born in a well to do family and not in a slum in delhi/bombay.

They Can Use Them For Target Practice In The Desert. Maybe Then Their Fighting Skills Will Pick Up. I Know Hwta I Just Said Was Brutal, But China Actually Is Doing The Right Thing With The Abbortion.
    about the chineese abortions. Well my friend ask a mother who is foced to abort her child how cruel it is.??

Comment

well,Chinese abortion in sino-india war was caused by two reasons:
      1.support line and support ability were extremely limited,which conditions had aslo happened in Korean war.An unindustrialization country lack of the capability to support continuous attack.
      2.The main threat to China was not India in 1962.China had a bad relationship with US and USSR, also Chiang Kai-shek government in Taiwan was hostile to Beijing government.
      It was when the Great Way declined,that human kindness and morality arose.
      It was when intelligence and knowledge appeared,that the Great Artifice began.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis_Chan
        1.support line and support ability were extremely limited,which conditions had aslo happened in Korean war.An unindustrialization country lack of the capability to support continuous attack.
        2.The main threat to China was not India in 1962.China had a bad relationship with US and USSR, also Chiang Kai-shek government in Taiwan was hostile to Beijing government.
        Chan, i dont think they are talking about the Chinese "Abortion" of war in 1962.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
          ajay
          Micheal is a 14 yrs kid, please don't take his military related comments seriously. He reminds me of myself, at 14 (after reading Commando comics and some mil history) even I thought that I was a 'Heinz Guderian'. :)
          i actually took it seriously that chineese have 10:1 edge and thats why a big shock.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
            i actually took it seriously that chineese have 10:1 edge and thats why a big shock.
            i think that michael fellow is a troll . he is trying to start a flame war .
            Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hammer
              i think that michael fellow is a troll . he is trying to start a flame war .
              Well i guess we can still take him like a 14 year old and be with it ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Davis_Chan
                1.support line and support ability were extremely limited,which conditions had aslo happened in Korean war.An unindustrialization country lack of the capability to support continuous attack.....
                Davis

Coming from you I think the analysis and speculation in Indian media was correct (about the reasons for PLA withdrawal in '62).

BTW, my reaserch reveals that Tawang was under Tibetan control till 1940, so China's claim on it is sort of legal. (I think this will shock many of my countrymen here). Read a USMC staff college paper on the '62 conflict. Its an unbiased research by a military professional.
                http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...t/1984/CJB.htm

But I have found nothing on PRC claims on Aksai Chin, on the contrary I have found old maps indicating Aksai Chin as part of the ruler of Kashmir 19th century. See the 1857 and 1893 maps. Many link dont open up, they seem to be blocked. (probably they contain info that is not in the intrest of either nation )
                http://www.britishempire.co.uk/mapro.../indiamaps.htm

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Comment

black:watershed line
                    green:Mcmahon line(in chine)
                    blue:Mcmahon line(no chine)
                    yellow frame:Marx Wald(translated from chinese pronunciation believe it belongs to China
                    red frame:internetional society believe it belongs to China.

yellow:PLA attack path
                    red line:PLA arrived at 23.OCT
                    pink line:PLA arrived at 22.NOV
                    green point:chinese policement checkpoint after chinese troops withdrawed
                    Last edited by Davis_Chan; 05 Nov 04,, 15:50.

Comment

Davis,
                      What do the coloured lines indicate in the Arunachal maps, just elaborate a little? I don't read the chinese script?

I have enough material on the Towang sector but the maps of Aksai Chin are very hard to find. The map (of Aksai Chin) posted by you is a very simple and commonly available one. I have been hunting for a proper physical map, I did come across a satellite image but the markings were absent so I could not make head or tail of it.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Davis,
                        What do the coloured lines indicate in the Arunachal maps, just elaborate a little? I don't read the chinese script?

I have enough material on the Towang sector but the maps of Aksai Chin are very hard to find. The map (of Aksai Chin) posted by you is a very simple and commonly available one. I have been hunting for a proper physical map, I did come across a satellite image but the markings were absent so I could not make head or tail of it.
                        may be it is useful :)

(it's so large,i have to delect it.)
                        Last edited by Davis_Chan; 05 Nov 04,, 14:32.

Comment

"Davis,
                          What do the coloured lines indicate in the Arunachal maps, just elaborate a little? I don't read the chinese script?"

i have something to do now,i will translated it into chinese,wait for a minutes
                          Last edited by Davis_Chan; 05 Nov 04,, 13:09.

Comment

Davis

I can understand PRC claims on Towang, but what is the basis of claims on the other eastern portions? Is it continuity of defence layout or ethnic similarity of inhabitants?
                            Records show that only the Towang district was under the Tibetans, and the British took it in 1940 fearing Chinese expansion, to give depth to Assam.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Davis

That is a neat map, gives all the mountain features as well.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Davis

I can understand PRC claims on Towang, but what is the basis of claims on the other eastern portions? Is it continuity of defence layout or ethnic similarity of inhabitants?
                                Records show that only the Towang district was under the Tibetans, and the British took it in 1940 fearing Chinese expansion, to give depth to Assam.
                                lemontree.it's hard to say.what i know from the war in details were in some chinese military forum.i only know for chinese government,they rejected the exisitence of Mcmahon Line.There was a traditional line between India and Tibet for a very long time.Indian government believe the Mcmahon line is the real borderline between China and India.(m i right?)So India troops entered into the traditional line which was considered by PRC as an invasion.(i don't know it's true or not,it's the chinese majority's view to 1962 war)

i guess,as for PRC claims the other eastern portion,may be China believe it belong to herself,OR make the claim only for a positive position to the borderline negotiation.

Comment

Working...
                                X