Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time your country was invaded by a foreign army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo
    I'm invaded every 2-weeks by Uncle Sam, his taxes are too high!

haha think of the Europeans. I mean I dont feel sorry that they get raped on their taxes, they seem to like it. But still, their taxes are through the roof.
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Australia has been relatively untouched.
      Although during ww2 *** subs shot at Darling Harbour, air raids on Darwin,Katherine,WA,NorthernQueensland and all sea attacks during ww2.

Comment

I don't know why some are ignoringing the Japanese invaded America in World War II post. I guess it goes to the mainland mentality that the territories don't count.

Current U.S. islands in the Pacific including Guam and Wake Island were invaded by Japan. As mentioned earlier the islands of Attu and Kiska in the then territory and now state of Alaska were invaded. The battle to liberate the Alaskan islands was very brutal for those involved.

Comment

The Aluetians campaign was the 2d most bloody operation that US troops participated in during WWII, behind only Iwo Jima.

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel
            the french turned up on the west welsh coast during the napolionic wars, but a load of women in national dress beat them off.

the dutch attacked chatham dockyard about the same time (donkeys years ago)

and i think man irish armoured car came over the border in the early seventies.

apart from that germans in the dark ages, vikings after that and then the normans.

it could be worse, we could be belgium.
            Hey Eco Warrior, it could be worse - we could be American!!
            "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Comment

"Hey Eco Warrior, it could be worse - we could be American!!"

You could be Nazi or Soviet slaves too for that matter.

Comment

1999, Our ancient-cradle of Serbia and an ancient cradle of Christianity plus not to mention a very important passage from the middle east/asia into europe was ripped away from us and handed over to terrorists

Comment

Originally posted by Metak
                  1999, Our ancient-cradle of Serbia and an ancient cradle of Christianity plus not to mention a very important passage from the middle east/asia into europe was ripped away from us and handed over to terrorists
                  The late, great Alan Clark attempted to point this out at the time. The Spectator often feels sympathetic to the Serbian cause; at this moment, given ethnic cleansing continues against Christian communities - esp. the destruction of beautiful medieval churches - I find it disturbing that the "international community" is not prepared to take action.
                  Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                    1812, US invasion of Canada.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    Actually, 1866-70, the Fenian Invasions.
                    I wouldn't count anything prior to 1867 as being an invasion of 'Canada'. Prior to that it was a Brit colony.

Comment

Originally posted by deadkenny
                      I wouldn't count anything prior to 1867 as being an invasion of 'Canada'. Prior to that it was a Brit colony.
                      If you want to be technical, then Canada was a British Dominion up until 1982 when Ottawa brought home the British North America Act from London, England

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                        If you want to be technical, then Canada was a British Dominion up until 1982 when Ottawa brought home the British North America Act from London, England
                        True, but it was a self-governing country after 1867. I suppose you could draw a finer distinction pre vs. post 1982, but it's not as significant as the pre vs. post 1867 one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                          Not in american soil.

Aleutian Islands, A Japanese pilot ditched and walked around Hawaii.

-Tink

Comment

last time that Portugal was invaded was by Napolean. From then on weve only traded and concentrated on security and special forces.

Comment

Australia has been relatively untouched.
                              Although during ww2 *** subs shot at Darling Harbour, air raids on Darwin,Katherine,WA,NorthernQueensland and all sea attacks during ww2.
                              PNG was australian territory (lae,kokoda etc)

Comment

by Japenese during 1937-1945
                                We learn from history that men never learn from history!

Comment

Working...
                                X