Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could own 1 WWII rifle/gun, which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd pick an 88 would be nice, but an mg 42 would be a blast to take out and shoot every now and then. A 16 incher from an Iowa class battleship would be a hoot. I guess it all depends on how much money I have for ammo. Still deciding.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Machine gun: mg42
      SMG: ppsh
      pistol: Luger (those things are worth a fortune nowadays)
      rifle: Moison-Nagant/Gewehr-43
      Standard weapon: Johnson m1941 or stg-44

Comment

Think I'd take either Patton's twin .45's
        or the pistol that Hitler used to "commit suicide" with

Comment

Oh hell yeah an M1 Garand. Or maybe a BAR

Been told that Lugers and IJA officers Katana's made nice trophies. But a M1 or a Browning and being born about thirty years earlier might of made getting either trophy easier than bidding on e-bay.

Comment

If anyone can find a working Fallschirmjagergevehr 42 then that's worth few dollars for sure ;) Everyone seems talking about MG42 but how about FG42 ?

Comment

You mean that one German paratooper's gun?

Comment

Easy choice...BAR

Of course, I've already got a garand, Kar98, 6 Lee-Enfields, 3 Martinis, Finn Nagant, and can steal an '03-A3 from my dad
                Rule 303

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
                  Easy choice...BAR

Of course, I've already got a garand, Kar98, 6 Lee-Enfields, 3 Martinis, Finn Nagant, and can steal an '03-A3 from my dad
                  You really do? Or are you just somebody who brags about things they haven't done or that they do not have?

Comment

I collect old military guns, particularly British. I wasn't trying to brag, I'm just used to firearms forums where people share their collections.
                    Rule 303

Comment

I own several they arn't hard to get.

I don't have The M3A1 Grease gun, Lee enfield, 1909 Springfield, Mauser Kar98, Stg 44, PPSH, Mosin nagant, Torkiev Pistols, Colt. 45, Walther P38, Lugar, 30 or 50 cal., Mg42, FG 42 issued to the Fallshmitzers German Para troops, Johnson light machine gun, Nambu Pistol, Type 100 SMG, Yes i know my guns there is a spyder on the wall that is creeping me out.

Comment

Real easy choice.

M-1D.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                          If anyone can find a working Fallschirmjagergevehr 42 then that's worth few dollars for sure ;) Everyone seems talking about MG42 but how about FG42 ?
                          The paratrooper mag fed MG, does'nt look as cool as the MG42.
                          I would like to own most of those mentioned, they are classic antique collectors items.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

What about any japanese small arms with the Imperial seal, DYK, that after WWII the IJA remove the Imperial Seal from all thier rifles before surrendering them to the Allies.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingCaddy
                              What about any japanese small arms with the Imperial seal, DYK, that after WWII the IJA remove the Imperial Seal from all thier rifles before surrendering them to the Allies.

I may be wrong, but i thought that removing the "mum" was a US war trophy regulation. The ones brought in "legally" had them ground off, the snuck in ones didn't.

Why the mum had to go and not nazi marks I don't know.
                              Rule 303

Comment

I could be wrong, but i thought the Japanese themselves ground the crisanthimum(sp?) off themselves because they did not want to dishonor the Emporer?

Comment

Working...
                                X