No announcement yet.

Improving WAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the verdict on all these ideas ? What will be done ? Mods and Admins - do you have a conclusion ?

Comment

how about a thread where we decode all abriviations. someting like this
      flir-forward looking infrared
      smg-submachine gun
      ect....

may be some people know all of them, me on the other hand can't decode half of them, and i don,t think i'm alone.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Thats a good idea

forgive my spelling, heres a few

FLIR= Forward Looking Infra Red (passive)
        IR= Infra Red (active)
        TTS= tank thermal sight
        CIT= Commanders independant thermal viewer
        BB= (artilley context) Base Bleed
        RAP= Rocket Assisted Projectile
        RHA= Rolled Homegenous Armor
        RHAe= Rolled Homegenous Armor equivelency
        ERA= explosive reative armor
        Blazer= (see ERA)
        NeRA/nERA/NERA/NxRA= Non Explosve Reactive Armor
        L/44 L/52 etc after a canon size= gun caliber
        Coax= machine gun alinged coaxially with a canon
        HMG= heavy machine gun
        MMG= medium machine gun
        AGL= Automatic Grenade Launcher
        ATGM= Anti-tank Guaided Missile
        TOW= ATGM optically/wire guided

Comment

One way to improve WAB would be to get Denil to post here.

* runs and hides from zraver *

I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

bahahaha, he jsut rubs me the wrong way, I won't transfer animosty form one site to another.

Comment

Has it been decided for instance what color scheme the new skin will be designed in or will things like that open for influence ?

Comment

Who is denil?
                "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

So I gather denil is zravers nemesis and the the bane of his existence.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                    So I gather denil is zravers nemesis and the the bane of his existence.
                    On another forum they had a week long 'battle'. I am the admin there so I had to edit the odd post so that the discussion remained calm.

I would've poured oil to the fire if it was at WAB tho! (Sorry Ironduke!)
                    I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      Who is denil?
                      This bloke: http://www.indiandefenceforum.com/in...=profile;u=732
                      I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

• He made an unsupported claim in contradiction to all the publicly avaiable information refused to admit he was wrong, and then to "boost" his image posted a bunch of BS pics that might or might not have shown him (faces were edited) having a hand in naval, air, armor, and black ops, and sniping as well as claiming to be in the know form the inside on the Arjun project.

If he had simply said "well thier planning a CIT for the Arjun Mk II" it would have been a non issue. But he insisted and still does that the Arjun beign inducted into Indian service has a CIT. It has a much more limited daylight fair weather only commanders panoramic site.

He also apperantly made some claims about the Lahat ATGM being fitted to the Arjun. He claims he revealed this before it wa spublic domain, since I wasn't around for his claim I can't say. But the info has been public since Feb 2004 http://www.defense-update.com/events...xpo04armor.htm

and also talked about on bharat-rakshak from 5 feb 2004 on PDF from Feb 23 2004 and in the Indian papers since June of 2004

Like I said it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

• zraver,

you naughty little Pakistani! ;) :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• errr? I'm American I'll just talk tanks with anyone, wb brigadier

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                              zraver,

you naughty little Pakistani! ;) :)
                              LOL ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X