Favorite Handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
    Have you ever shot USP 45 too? I wonder how those plastic 45s compare.........
    Have shot a lot of them. Used the 1911 in the Navy, the full size Kimber for my civilian quals, and now the USP .45 as my standard.........and I love the USP. The only bad things about the USP are 1. that if you are going to conceal it, one needs a briefcase, purse, or field jacket in order to do so.

2. the magazines are expensive.

The USP was purchased after an evaluation of DA .45 autos. I shot Glocks, Sigs, probably others (would have to go back and find those notes), and the H&K. The H&K won out by a small consideration over the Sig.

I can shoot over a wide range of modes with the USP. Two handed right, two handed left, one handed right, one handed left, bare handed, heavy winter gloves, and so forth. That's one of improvements with modern pistols in that there is a larger trigger guard. I can operate all the firing functions with the standard USP with either hand.

It's not plastic, it's polymer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
      Have you ever shot USP 45 too? I wonder how those plastic 45s compare.
      I haven't shot a USP but I have shot a MK23. Not nearly as impressed with it as I was the Taurus 24/7 or milleniums I had. They where very good guns. My FNP is the best I have found so far and this is why. DA/SA with hammer, FULLY ambidextrous(only one out there) and an accessory rail and the new mags can hold 15 rounds of .45acp instead of 14. There is no other pistol out there now that can claim all that as far as I know. That's why I picked it.

Lots of folks like the Glock and the SDs and such and i'm sure they are fine weapons but you just have to go with what feels good in your hand and/or the features you require in a gun. My only disappointment with the FNP so far is lack of holster choices and I can't find a threaded barrel so I can put a suppressor on it.

Comment

• Favorite handgun is my HK P-7. An original PSP version.

Next favorite is the standard Browning HiPower.

Small hands.

Shot lots of the ones mentioned, but those 2 just feel right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
          Favorite handgun is my HK P-7. An original PSP version.

Small hands.

The Browning HiPower has always been my favorite. I turned in my Star for a Browning and never regretted it. I just like the way it fits in my hand. Being able to hit what I'm shooting at is a definite plus.

Having said how much I like the Browning. I did have a SW 539 I really liked. Had a single row magazine, giving it less capacity but made for an easier grip. One of the most pointable guns I've ever owned. :))
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Favorite handgun is my HK P-7. An original PSP version.

Small hands.

Tony
            Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Working...
            X