X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCS christened

Here it is.

http://www.marinelog.com/DOCS/NEWSMM...6sep00230.html

Kind of sexy, isn't it. Maybe I just have a thing for grey paint. Cant wait to get a look at the GD one.
    Attached Files

It looks like a fukkin cruise ship.

Comment

lol... exactly, thats just what I was thinking...
      Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
      -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
        I was thinking "nice fricken yacht"
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Is it me, or is that one GIHUGIC frigate?

Comment

Is it me, or is that one GIHUGIC frigate?
            Looks like they've somehow managed to reinvent the corvette...and called it an "LCS".
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Look at the bright side, given where she was built, at least it wasn't painted green and gold with a giant cheesehead on top of the mast.
              F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

you took the letters off my keyboard, Sniper.
                Last edited by THL; 25 Sep 06,, 00:47.
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/littoral/

Comment

Is that thing available for Wedding receptions or Graduation parties?
                    And the modern Navy says it no longer needs the OLD big guns huh?...LMAO
                    Last edited by Dreadnought; 25 Sep 06,, 18:36.
                    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

With those high sides it's going to be a b*tch getting the sea-doos on and off...
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Hitting the water.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

SOMEBODY PAINT THAT POOR THING HAZE GREY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Comment

Not bad looking, but Ruskie ships have a more sharply angled bow, which I like. (is that called "rake"?) Maybe looks isn't important though.
                            I can't help but also wonder how successful the GD design will be. The multi-hull idea seems problematic with internal space, but I admit I am an amature at guessing such things.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                              Not bad looking, but Ruskie ships have a more sharply angled bow, which I like. (is that called "rake"?) Maybe looks isn't important though.
                              I can't help but also wonder how successful the GD design will be. The multi-hull idea seems problematic with internal space, but I admit I am an amature at guessing such things.
                              Racked as is Clipper or Atlantic bow?

Comment

Working...
                              X