Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,

I agree you are a great historian.

Please research this statement - Arabs DONT lost the wars; the GIFT them away.

Don't take too long in the effort since it is so obvious.

BTW, which Islamic nation is not a dictatorship or 'guided'.

Have a look at the Iranian elections or Pakistan (which should have been a vibrant democracy given the legacy of the British as it is with India, Sri Lanka and other British colonies).

Sri Lanka has all the reason to be a military dictaorship, but she is steadfast in her democracy even with all the odds against her.

Is ther some problem in the psyche of the Isalmic countries? Too much of regimentation and paterntal guidance? I don't know, but would like to know from educated people on this forum.
    Last edited by Ray; 23 Feb 04,, 19:12.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Even though pakistan has a dictator he is not a bad one like the one in iran or libya. He could be considered a modern day George Washington, hopefully. Who cares more about his people rather than his own greedy selfish ambititions. That is just my frame and view that I have of him and pakistan.

Because George Washington could've became a king, the american people wanted him to but he refused because that's not what he fought the revolution for. He didn't even want to become president because he wanted the nation to live and work for itself. He was practically forced to become president.

The US was still in doubt even after he died because we lost our leader, but it showed that we or people for that matter cannot be dependent on one man for to long and George Washington understood this which is why I give him and those who think like him a lot of credit.

Comment

Don't ever, ever compare Mushy the Rat to George Washington!!!

Mushy abandoned his soldiers to die in the Kargil Mountains. George Washington would have never done that. I strongly suggest that you read up the history of the Kargil War and the actions of the soldiers on both sides. I commend the bravery and courage shown on both sides. But I cannot say for the same of Mushy. He's a rat and abandoned his soldiers in the hour of need to save his own ass.

Comment

Well can you give me a link or a site which shares your beliefs of Mushararf*.

I believe one of our great generals also left our men behind in the phillippines(General Douglas MacArthur). Which left them to the mercy of the cruel japanese military.

Comment

In Dr Livingston's time we are told that the pot roast were popular in Africa. That's no longer the popular way to sort out people.
            Dr. Livingstone is my great-great-great-great grandpa :):)

Fun fact: David Livingstone has many descendants today, yet not one has the last name of Livingstone. None of his three sons had any sons, just daughters.
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Egyptians, libyans, morrocoians and aligerians are not africans.
              Yes, they are Africans. Not sub-Saharan Africans, but Africans nonetheless.

Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Algeria are on the continent of Africa, specifically, they form North Africa, whose residents are usually referred to as North Africans.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman
                Dr. Livingstone is my great-great-great-great grandpa :):)

Fun fact: David Livingstone has many descendants today, yet not one has the last name of Livingstone. None of his three sons had any sons, just daughters.
                That's neat. Nobody famous in my family. :-(
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                X