Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AQ Khan maybe Freed

Daily Tines, Lahore (Pakistan)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Govt told to report about AQ Khan’s detention with in 15 days

Staff Report

LAHORE: Justice Muhammad Akhtar Shabbir of the Lahore High Court has told federal government to report within 15 days on a petition, seeking end to Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan’s confinement.

The court issued this order on a petition by PML-N Lawyers Forum President Chaudhry Naseer Ahmad Bhutta. The judge observed that Khan was a national hero and it was the government’s responsibility to protect him.

Bhutta invoked the jurisdiction of the court under article 199 of the Constitution and asked the court to allow a 10-member delegation of the forum to meet Khan to inquire after his health.
    So it appears that AQ Khan will be freed.

After all to Pakistan he is a national hero and the Judge hold that as an important input to decide the case and Pakistan has to protect him in all aspects including his honour! Quite justifiable. After all, it is humanly impossible for him to have carried a nuclear reactor to Iran all by his own or operate as a one man terror proliferating team!

So much so for all the brouhaha over AQ Khan and the cooperation in the War on Terror.

Not only he is on the way to freedom but he cannot also be questioned by anyone. The US has already been told categorically that he is hands off.
    Last edited by Ray; 29 Aug 06,, 20:08.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Musharaff govt has achieved their objective by turning him into vegetable. So it does't matter anymore where he is.. inside or outside. What an irony about the 'The tales of two Abduls' where one Abdul(APJ) is commemorated for his services to nation & goes on to achieve highest office of the nation while the other Abdul(Qadeer) is tortured for servicing his nation and is tried in the court of law as a criminal.
    If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

That he is a vegetable maybe a good disinformation being spread to ease the release!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by ab041937
        Musharaff govt has achieved their objective by turning him into vegetable. So it does't matter anymore where he is.. inside or outside. What an irony about the 'The tales of two Abduls' where one Abdul(APJ) is commemorated for his services to nation & goes on to achieve highest office of the nation while the other Abdul(Qadeer) is tortured for servicing his nation and is tried in the court of law as a criminal.
        Well, AQ in the pond because he 'serviced' too many nations, where as Abdul Kalam became the President of India because of his dedicated his services to India. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          That he is a vegetable maybe a good disinformation being spread to ease the release!
          I seriously doubt if the Pakistan Army is going to leave him in good health. Dr. Qadeer is an accomplice to all the nuclear crimes committed by ISI & Pak army & he is the most sought after guy in the west. If he starts speaking, there is going to be more mud on Musharaff's face. So the best way out for them would be to leave him in no good condition to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by kams
            Well, AQ in the pond because he 'serviced' too many nations, where as Abdul Kalam became the President of India because of his dedicated his services to India. ;)
            I seriously doubt if he alone could've serviced too many nations.

Comment

Don't underestimate Musharraf.

He is a master jiggler and plays with many balls.

He manages to keep them all in the air!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                Don't underestimate Musharraf.

He is a master jiggler and plays with many balls.

He manages to keep them all in the air!
                That is indeed true, Sir. Musharaff is indeed a master juggler and plays with many balls but the balls are getting heavy & there is likeliness that Musharaff might break his hands trying to balance them for too long. He is still reeling under the fallout of Bugti incident & certainly wouldn't want to take any more chances by adding another ball to his set. By killing Bugti he has already opened the Pandora's Box which even the western newspapers claim it to be a grave mistake. I am posting some links from foreign journals

Worse than a Mistake

Musharraf's Dangerous Highwire Act

One of them goes on to the length of even stating that Musharaff has outlived his usefulness in WoT. So, amongst these many problems he wouldn't want to add another one by letting Abdul Qadeer walk away in sound health knowing very well that America is after his heels & his words can spill the beans.

Comment

Originally posted by ab041937
                  I seriously doubt if he alone could've serviced too many nations.
                  I agree with you on this. Things he did caould only be accomplished only if he had ' a helping hand(s)' in high places.

Comment

deleted
                    Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Working...
                    X