No announcement yet.

Ninjas & Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol... I'm just gonna sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show...
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

dumb thread for retards

Comment

Which clearly explains why you posted in it.

Comment

rofl...
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi View Post
            Ninjutsu is basicaly the same as Jujutsu only that it applies espionage and other stealth tactics.

jujitsu is hand to hand combat,most of it grappling/wrestling. which evolved into sport judo. one particular style of it was taught in brazil to the gracie family from which we now have brazillian jujitsu.

im not sure on ninjitsu but i think it means something like "art of stealth" which i believe is not credibly taught nowadays<its not some tradition directly handed down as much as those ninjitsu dojos make it seem>. not highly effective and like competition sports like BJJ and judo, some forms of karate are today.

i dont think ninjitsu was much different than any other formal instruction on espionage and assassination at that time, it just made for alot of b-movies in the 80's.

i still remember american ninja part 3. that movie was amazing.

Comment

The knight would win, but not without some effort. He is bigger (even by Medival European height standards), well armored with chain mail (using plate armor only in chest plate and helmet) and uses a bigger sword.

His fighting manuevers are also not as stylized as a ninja or even a Samurai. I talked to a renaissance reinactor some time ago (he was dressed in full chain mail) and he said they experimented with European style sword fighting with some Kendo students. Their conclusion was that an Eighteenth Century Bucanner with two Cutlasses could take on an entire Kendo school and win because he is not restricted by stylization.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

It's a little too general a question seems to me. The later knights were so encumbered they couldn't get on their horses without assistance. Earlier knights, say Norman era, had much lighter armor. Less protection, but more mobility. I don't think a knight from say, the 14th century would stand a chance dismounted. Even mounted they are not at all invulnerable. The warhorses were not very fast at all, in fact they had more in common with modern workhorses than riding horses. A mounted charge was a very formidable attack, at least if your enemy didn't have longbows and pikes. But one single knight is a different matter. The horses were so heavily loaded that they couldn't move much faster than a trot, and maneuverability would be a joke. If the ninja could avoid the knight's lance or sword, he could quite possibly leap on the back of the horse, and it's all over. A quick stab in the back of the neck, or hamstring him, or cut the Achilles tendon. Of course, if the knight manages to get a hit in, it's probably curtains. Them broadswords were no joke. But weren't ninjas trained in archery? If so, he'd pick the knight off with his bow anyway.

So Norman era knight? Maybe. But a knight from Agincourt? Not likely.
                I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

I'd say the knight wins this if you mean a straight out fight. Asian martial arts, warriors, etc are SEVERELY overrated. Movies, TV and anime make them look invincible, and moronic fanboys who don't even know anything about the historical figures and characters automatically believe it. Everybody thinks that katanas (and from what I remember, the ninjas didn't have katanas, katanas are samurai swords) are indestructible, will cut through anything, can never be damaged and make you invincible, and that they can easily cut right through crappy European swords. I hate to break it to you, but knights weren't pushovers; they were the cream of the European fighting crop, had the best weapons and armour, were the best in horsemanship and were constantly trained to fight from when they were only kids. The perception that plated armour was incredibly clumsy and heavy is not accurate at all.

The ninja is just a spy and assassin; he can only kill the knight if he catches him in his sleep. The ninja's not a real warrior. If you think he is then you've been watching too much Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The knight will easily kill him in battle. And the style of plated armour makes it perfectly protected against slashing and piercing weapons except arrows, and mail is perfect against curved swords. You all seem to think that solid iron and steel are EASY to cut through. The ninja's sword can't do crap. Knights are severely underrated, while ninjas and samurai are even more overrated than knights are underrated. The knight wins this with ease.

Comment

Because the chivalry was in decadence in 16th century, i vote for the ninja.
                    With Faith in God,
                    For King and Fatherland!

Comment

A bit of the Tortoise and the Hare thing going on here, very interesting,
                      The Ninja, all those years of training, but how was their stamina, the moved fast, travelled light, they could slit your throat and you would`nt know it, till you went to nod your head, then the,
                      Knight, battle hardened, they must have been the original sted heads of the day, up for a fight, some would say mercenary, and lets just look at the gear they used to fight with, for a start full body armour/armor, not getting into that one agian???, a Broadsword, by the way have you seen the size of those things? axes, and not for chopping down trees, massives clubs, and not for dancing in, so the question is, would the Ninjas small diminutive size. its alleged?, help him to avoid the huge weaponry availabe to our Knight, or would the Knight tire quickly wielding those heavy weapons, its like the old saying of a, good little un will always beat a big bad un, but I am not entirley convinvced, so mano e mano, I would go with the Knight

Comment

the concept of Jiujitsu and Ninjas is a lot different from Medieval Knights...

this kind of encounter would never happen...if my memory serves me the Ninjas are created by Japanese villagers for encountering Samurais but not in a face to face combat, their sneaky tactics and the concept of "using everthing as a deadly weapon" is developped for this reason.

maybe we should change this poll to

Japanese Samurai vs Medieval Knights

in this case i think Samurai will cut with his very best sword of his kind the clumsy(because of his heavy armor) knight with ease due to his maneuvrability

vs
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

on the other hand it is the heart and determination that counts on one to one combats
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

i agree with Big K, the purpose of a ninja was more of stealth than direct dombat, so this would never happen.

Big K, in your new poll, i agree that it would be easier for a samurai to hit the knight because of the knights heavy armour, however, how well would a katana/samurai sword work against plate armour?
                            die, no0b

Comment

Originally posted by RedArmySurplus View Post
                              i agree with Big K, the purpose of a ninja was more of stealth than direct dombat, so this would never happen.

Big K, in your new poll, i agree that it would be easier for a samurai to hit the knight because of the knights heavy armour, however, how well would a katana/samurai sword work against plate armour?
                              http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/his...al-knight.html

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                                the concept of Jiujitsu and Ninjas is a lot different from Medieval Knights...

this kind of encounter would never happen...if my memory serves me the Ninjas are created by Japanese villagers for encountering Samurais but not in a face to face combat, their sneaky tactics and the concept of "using everthing as a deadly weapon" is developped for this reason.

maybe we should change this poll to

Japanese Samurai vs Medieval Knights

in this case i think Samurai will cut with his very best sword of his kind the clumsy(because of his heavy armor) knight with ease due to his maneuvrability

vs
                                I agree with the Turk
                                no offense Big K, just kidding. I am a bit of a cheek.

Seriously, I of course agree with Big K such an encounter is unlikely: The ninjas WERE assassins after all, not soldiers.
                                However if I play along, I would say that a ninja would probably have the encounter to his favor, for (a)ninjas were trained in various arts of combat, stealth and weaponry since childhood whereas knights were generally knights by their titles, not skill (b)a ninja is more likely to know how to deal with such a confrontation with an armored foe, after all armored samurais were a probable obstacle for them and (c) armor and heavy weapons are more of a cumbersome disadvantage when dealing with a highly agile and quick foe armed with weapons of stealth, deceit and long range and lightweight strong maneuverable blades and completely free of any compunctions of honorable combat.

Comment

Working...
                                X