Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter
    Got that one on my bookshelf :)
    If you read that book along with John Cooley's "Unholy Wars", the picture clears.

A most fascinating play of power politics.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by troung
      With a disclaimer that he is trying to salvage his rep (failure to take Kabul, bloody failed offensives and so forth) and really hates the USA blaiming them for Zia's death. Oh yeah and then one has the Stinger issue.
      He does say that there were many conspiracy theories.

The Brigadier has not categorically blamed the USA for Zia's crash.

The book is co-authored by Major Mark Adkin
      Last edited by Ray; 04 Aug 06,, 11:38.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I've taken up the Bear Trap ahead of other unread books on my shelf, so with that mind, a few inane questions...

With a disclaimer that he is trying to salvage his rep (failure to take Kabul, bloody failed offensives and so forth)
        Really? Can you elaborate on that?

and really hates the USA blaiming them for Zia's death.
        Because of the Abrams demostration or more directly?

Oh yeah and then one has the Stinger issue.
        In what context are you referring to here?

Speaking of the Pakistan Abrams trial, does anybody know anything more about it?
        He only mentions that the United States was very keen to sell it to Pakistan and that it failed the firing trials miserably.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

TH,

Foreign equipment fails because they are not tropicalised.

Stinger is a hypothesis that he stated was rife in Pakistan.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            Foreign equipment fails because they are not tropicalised.
            That's odd...I was under the impression that US equipment was designed and built with all climates in mind.

Before and during Desert Shield there must have been a serious crash program to get American gear up to speed in a hot dusty environment.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

No.

They have to be tropicalised.

The failure rate of US equipment is very high in our climes compared to the Russian equipment, because the US equipment is highly sophisticated and mostly based on fragile and sensitive electronics.

Hence the preference for Russian equipment, apart from the cost.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                The failure rate of US equipment is very high in our climes
                Well maybe if you people would turn on the A/C once in a while, we wouldn't have these problems, would we?

Originally posted by Ray
                They have to be tropicalised.
                Seriously though, what's involved in tropicalizing a tank for example? Thicker lubricants, particulate filtering etc?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                  Well maybe if you people would turn on the A/C once in a while, we wouldn't have these problems, would we?

Seriously though, what's involved in tropicalizing a tank for example? Thicker lubricants, particulate filtering etc?
                  better electronics with a response range in a wider range of temperature

Comment

Working...
                  X