Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did US troops beat wounded Zarqawi to death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did US troops beat wounded Zarqawi to death?

US forces allegedly beat a mortally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to death after a massive air strike on a safe house in Iraq where the wounded head of the terror wing of al-Qaeda in Iraq was hiding, eye-witnesses have said. Native Iraqis who happened to be on the scene, have been quoted as saying that Zarqawi, a dreaded figure for the beheadings and numerous suicide attacks he orchestrated, was still alive when the US troops and Iraqi police drove up to the wreck and was beaten to death by the forces.Ali Abbas, a young farm labourer told the Sunday Times that he, along with some locals, rushed outside soon after a US aircraft dropped two bombs in north Baghdad and 'heard a moan coming from another part of the [safe] house'.hey reportedly found Zarqawi, who they did not recognize as Iraq's most wanted terrorist. 'There was life in him still. It took seven of us to move him from within the rubble and carry him out about 100 metres,' they said. Soon Iraqi and US forces turned up. 'They were shouting and screaming and were in a very tense and agitated mood,' Abbas said.The Americans tore his dishdasha (robe) and they kept on asking him through an interpreter, 'What is your name, what is your name?'' said Abbas, adding that the American forces were probably afraid that the militant was wearing a suicide belt. The soldiers, on finding that the man was not a threat, started to kick him in the chest, the Times reported. 'They kept kicking him, shouting, 'What's your name?', but the man only moaned and said nothing,' Abbas said.The wounded man soon grew paler and blood oozed from his mouth and nose. It took about a quarter of an hour for him to die from the time when he was removed from the ambulance, the Times quoted Abbas as saying. The top commander of multinational forces in Iraq, General George Casey has dismissed the report.

http://www.idrw.org/index.php?catego...2_articleid=86

Here we go with the conspiracy theories...
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

cannot ignore eye witneses

Comment

Originally posted by vinay60000
        Was he even an "eye witness", or was he just talking to reporters? What is his current affiliation, and did he know Zarq? Eveyone in the vicinity of that location is suspect, and without something other than "told the Sunday Times" on his background, he is not a reliable witness.
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Firstly, sure you can. Somebody reported that somebody else saw somebody beating somebody. Well thanks, but I'll wait for the coroners report, and considering he was hit by 2 X 500lb bombs, I'm perfectly willing to accept that "that's what done him in yer honour"

Secondly, I do a lot of voluntary work for A.I. and HRW and even so, all I could think of when these reports came out was,
          "if it's true, I hope they video'ed it so I can watch on-line".....

kick in the balls: Zarkman "ouch, ooh that hurts"
          Anon. GI. "Thats for sawing peoples heads off"

Rifle butt in the nose: Zarkman "ouwch, du bwoke my dose"
          Anon. GI "that's for blowing up innocent women and children in the street"

well you get the picture...
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
            "if it's true, I hope they video'ed it so I can watch on-line".....
            I wanna see too!
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Count me in! Not likely to happen though, those types of things usually aren't caught on tape (if they happened at all).
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

US forces allegedly beat a mortally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to death...
                What so wrong even if they did?...There is nothing wrong in crushing evil.
                Those lucky bums

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Shiit, he was gonna die anyway...

Comment

if he was alife he could have given lots of info to us ,any where he is dead and i am happy that one more loser goes to where ever they told him he will go

Comment

No one beat anybody. This is pure fiction.

Comment

Of course it is. Stories like this always come out when something important happens and it's related to something a lot of people don't agree with. So those people have to make the other side's victory as difficult or bitter as possible.

Comment

if he was alife he could have given lots of info to us
                          Wouldn't have gotten anything from him anyway.

Comment

These rumors were officially dispelled once the medical autopsy was released showing that Abu Musab al Zarqawi indeed died of "massive internal injuries" consistent with that of the blast caused by the two 500-lb bombs. So Just because you hear something from an unreliable third-hand source doesn't mean it's true- people who assume so destroy their own credibility by showing a clear vested interest in seeing the US fail. This guy is either a far left-wing liberal or a foreigner in a country who hates the US because they don't have air conditioning. Well guess what buddy? What can a few kicks to the chest hurt once you've been hit with TWO 500-POUND BOMBS EH!? They should have dropped a couple more and punched his corpse right in the face. If anyone expects soldiers of war to be kind to their enemy, then they're obviously looking for something to pin on the US. If the US haters would work for a living, they not only wouldn't have time to spread lies on the internet, but they could also afford air conditioning. If he's a far-left liberal I say this: find a better country and MOVE THERE A$$hol3. If you hate your own governtment so damn much, WHY DO YOU STAY HERE?? I sure don't want ya here.

People are always hating on the winner. Why? Because they're losers with no lives. Get with the program; al-Zarqawi was a bad man by ANYONE's definition and anyone who would treat him with kindness is no better than Zarqawi and is my mortal enemy.

-An American Citizen
                            Last edited by Brandon_01; 13 Jun 06,, 14:54.

Comment

Excuse me, but how do you beat someone "mortally wounded" to death?

Comment

Working...
                              X