Radio Show Host Fired In NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Show Host Fired In NY

I am appalled. Disgusted. Annoyed. Speechless.

NEW YORK —

The co-host of a syndicated morning radio show was fired Wednesday for making racial and sexual remarks on the air about a rival's wife and 4-year-old daughter.

Troi Torain, known as Star on the "Star & Buc Wild Morning Show" on Power 105 FM, lost his job after protests by a City Council member and other elected officials.

His remarks about DJ Envy, a DJ for rival hip-hop station Hot 97, and his family included "I will come for your kids" and a desire to "do an R. Kelly ... on your little baby girl."

Videotapes in 2002 showed a man resembling singer R. Kelly having sex with someone who appeared to be an underage girl, then urinating on her.

Torain's comments, made between May 3 and Monday, also included an offer of $500 to any listener who could provide information about the rival DJ's daughter's school, and used racial slurs when talking about his wife, who is part Asian.

Torain, through his manager, Wyatt Cheek, declined to comment.

Councilman John Liu and DJ Envy's wife, Gia Casey, appeared at City Hall on Wednesday to denounce Torain's remarks.

"He threatened to molest my little baby girl," Casey said.

The station's owner, Clear Channel, said it found Torain's statements "wholly unacceptable."

The show airs in markets including Philadelphia, Miami and Richmond, Va. Clear Channel is a unit of Clear Channel Communications Inc.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195327,00.html
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
    I am appalled. Disgusted. Annoyed. Speechless.
    At the firing or at the comments by the fired DJ?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Can u tell who wer the ppl on whom comments were made?

Comment

Originally posted by alokindia2020
        Can u tell who wer the ppl on whom comments were made?
        They were made against another radio show DJ's wife and daughter. Apparently, according to the story above, are "part Asian".
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

http://www.telegraphindia.com/106051...ry_6221533.asp

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I bet the DJs aren't white. Notice how the news story went out of the way not to reveal the ethnicity of the DJs. If he were white, I bet this story would have been all over national news and all the race peddlers would decend on the scene like flies onto shiit.

Comment

Tina: Thank you. I am from India.

Star: Okay. So my call is being outsourced to India.

Tina: That’s right.

Star: In… in regards to my six year old, white American daughter who wants to get the quick beads like Serena and Venus Williams.

Tina: Now. I’ll definitely place an order for that.

See…

Star: What’s that?

Tina: …in the ad, she called to place a Quick Bead of Conair. To ensure proper handling…

Star: Ma’am, I don’t know what the hell you’re saying.

Hang on a second. Let me try and get something straight here. The quick beads, like Venus and Serena Williams, that to advertise to — to the white kids on television. This call has been outsourced to India?

Star: Well, ma’am, what the F*** would you know about an American white girl’s — uh, uh — hair? And quick beads.

Tina: Just to inform you, ma’am, we’re a national chain services company. And we’re just taking calls on the opposite…

Star: Listen, *****! Don’t get slick with the mouth!

Don’t you get slick with me, *****!

Tina: Now if you continue to speak this language, I will disconnect the call.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Well ...

This is genetic in the Americans

earlier they targeted Black ppl....then the Chinese..

now the Indians

It doesent matter wat they say!

let them utter whatever bulls*** they want to.It will not make a difference.

HAATHI CHALE BAAZAAR, KUTTE BHAUNKE HAZAAR

Comment

Well ...

now the Indians

WTF are you talking about? Genetic?
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Well ...

now the Indians

Whoa, you are a racist. You prejudge a group of people based on an immutable trait without having any scientific evidence to support your claim.

RACIST!!!

RACIST!!!

I found a racist!!!

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a winner!!!!!
                      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Well ...

now the Indians

Good greif, WTF are you smoking?
                        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                          Whoa, you are a racist. You prejudge a group of people based on an immutable trait without having any scientific evidence to support your claim.

RACIST!!!

RACIST!!!

I found a racist!!!
                          Nah, he's just horribly anti-American.

Comment

At the firing or at the comments by the fired DJ?
                            At the comments made by the DJ

I bet the DJs aren't white. Notice how the news story went out of the way not to reveal the ethnicity of the DJs. If he were white, I bet this story would have been all over national news and all the race peddlers would decend on the scene like flies onto shiit.
                            Hmmmm. I had not thought of that. I assumed the DJ was white, but who knows.

(EDIT: I am going to change my mind and say that I now aqssume the DJ is black based on the kind of radion station it is:Radio Station Website)

In any case, anyone who makes pedophile-like comments about someone else's toddler child (or pre-teen child, or teen child for that matter) needs help.
                            Last edited by THL; 15 May 06,, 13:01.
                            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              Tina: Thank you. I am from India.

Star: Okay. So my call is being outsourced to India.

Star: In… in regards to my six year old, white American daughter who wants to get the quick beads like Serena and Venus Williams.

Tina: Now. I’ll definitely place an order for that.

See…

Star: What’s that?

Tina: …in the ad, she called to place a Quick Bead of Conair. To ensure proper handling…

Star: Ma’am, I don’t know what the hell you’re saying.

Hang on a second. Let me try and get something straight here. The quick beads, like Venus and Serena Williams, that to advertise to — to the white kids on television. This call has been outsourced to India?

Star: Well, ma’am, what the F*** would you know about an American white girl’s — uh, uh — hair? And quick beads.

Tina: Just to inform you, ma’am, we’re a national chain services company. And we’re just taking calls on the opposite…

Star: Listen, *****! Don’t get slick with the mouth!

Don’t you get slick with me, *****!

Tina: Now if you continue to speak this language, I will disconnect the call.
                              http://www.telegraphindia.com/106051...ry_6221533.asp

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X