Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1A2 vs Challenger 2 (intelligent debate)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
    me being a stud had loads of em on my side ,,woo hoo
    Ah, always a men's man, weren't you then? :P:))
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

Comment

They dont exist wow when did that happen ,, and yea they were ugly , but best to have on your side than against you , cos they could fight better than most when on a bevvy night ,, and me being a stud had loads of em on my side ,,woo hoo
      Happened a while ago, can't remember the year exactly. They now actually form part of the Regiments, Units they belong too. If they are in the Signals theyu wear that Gay Ballerina Badge, Engiiners = Engineers etc.

I much preferred the WRAF or WREN. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Knaur Amarsh View Post
        Ah, always a men's man, weren't you then? :P:))
        A mans man , yup

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
          Happened a while ago, can't remember the year exactly. They now actually form part of the Regiments, Units they belong too. If they are in the Signals theyu wear that Gay Ballerina Badge, Engiiners = Engineers etc.

Did this coincide with women allowed on ships i wonder ;)

Comment

We used to call the RSigs, the Interflora boys because of their cap badges! We used to wind them up on exercise by popping into their tent to ask how soon they could deliver flowers to wifes/loved ones/dogs etc.

Although it is WRAF, they were still called WAAFs or spilt a**es. As the bit of graffiti on the toilet wall in Luqa on Malta used to say, 'WAAFs and sneezes, spread diseases'

Comment

Happened a while ago, can't remember the year exactly. They now actually form part of the Regiments, Units they belong too.
              April 1992.... I think Regiments names were thown into the air and those that fell to the floor got disbanded or amalgamated...Lot's of 'famous Regiments' never went into the hat in the first place. Time for lots of redundancies if I remember;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                April 1992.... I think Regiments names were thown into the air and those that fell to the floor got disbanded or amalgamated...Lot's of 'famous Regiments' never went into the hat in the first place. Time for lots of redundancies if I remember;)
                I remember in 1980 Nuts that SSM B/SQD ,who disgusted me , an ex PTI , was trying to get people who were on the dont sign off contract you auto signed on again ,,to change their contracts so that they would not let people sign on again , usually senior ranks and cpl,s , get rid from the backdoor , well its come back to bite em on the arse now if stories about low recruitment are true .

Comment

• Originally posted by junoth1001 View Post
                  'WAAFs and sneezes, spread diseases'

Comment

I remember in 1980 Nuts that SSM B/SQD ,who disgusted me , an ex PTI , was trying to get people who were on the dont sign off contract you auto signed on again ,,to change their contracts so that they would not let people sign on again , usually senior ranks and cpl,s , get rid from the backdoor , well its come back to bite em on the arse now if stories about low recruitment are true .
                    I think the bigger problem is retention. Too many tours, not enough time off between tours, no family life, squat like quarters, low pay for the job. (a traffic warden is more highly paid.) Pressure from family and friends after seeing so many lives lost, in a war they are increasingly hearing by the media, as unwinable. And of course, the lack of Government support does not help the cause.
                    Last edited by dave lukins; 05 Sep 09,, 09:17.

Comment

I think the bigger problem is retention. Too many tours, not enough time off between tours, no family life, squat like quarters, low pay for the job. (a traffic warden is more highly paid.) Pressure from family and friends after seeing so many lives lost, in a war they are increasingly hearing by the media, as unwinable. And of course, the lack of Government support does not help the cause.
                      spot on nuts ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave angel View Post
                        (Nearly forgot; Chally has a boiling vessel. )
                        That's nothing -- the Abrams has a fridge and a cocktail mixer

Comment

I think the bigger problem is retention. Too many tours, not enough time off between tours, no family life, squat like quarters, low pay for the job
                          No offence Dave, but everyone who's ever worn HM uniform knows that, and we also know it will never change

You wouldn't be hoping for anything better, would you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Karhu View Post
                            That's nothing -- the Abrams has a fridge
                            So thats where the ex went :))

Comment

No offence Dave, but everyone who's ever worn HM uniform knows that, and we also know it will never change

You wouldn't be hoping for anything better, would you?
                              And that is my point..if it doesn't change then they will not retain the expertise. It's fine to say there is someone else to take their place but you cannot replace experience. The Army is losing Officers and SNCO's they can ill afford to let go because of pay, conditions, and over stretched commitments.

Comment

That's nothing -- the Abrams has a fridge and a cocktail mixer
                                In the Challenger we have them next to the jacuzzi, just left of the pool, and quite close to the sauna;)

Comment

Working...
                                X