Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't they just hang him from his statue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't they just hang him from his statue?

Saddam and his evil friends don't seem to interested in a trial, after all.

I dunno. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about how he and his sick associates won't respect the court. They know that they're probably gonna be killed anyway though, so I guess they have nothing to lose.

I was reading about his hunger strike this morning. I am not quite sure what they think is going to happen. That the world is going to freak out because Saddam is not eating? Not really a serious concern.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

The good part is that they installed a judge that doesnt take his or anybody elses chit.

I suspect you can start counting the days until he and his friends become windchimes blowing in the Iraqi dessert winds!
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
        The good part is that they installed a judge that doesnt take his or anybody elses chit.

I suspect you can start counting the days until he and his friends become windchimes blowing in the Iraqi dessert winds!
        I collect windchimes! I always have room for some more. :)
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

or...even perhaps piniota's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
            or...even perhaps piniota's.
            Even more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
              I collect windchimes! I always have room for some more. :)
              You don't want these kinds of windchimes miss.

They get very stinky and unsightly within a matter of a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                You don't want these kinds of windchimes miss.

Yeah but in a properly constructed steel cage they rattle quite well after a couple of months.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  No worries, I'd be using them for a toilet anyway...
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Windchimes? More like sniper practice. Preferably with M82s... although after a few shots not much would be left of them.
                    HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                      I was reading about his hunger strike this morning. I am not quite sure what they think is going to happen. That the world is going to freak out because Saddam is not eating? Not really a serious concern.
                      This is the same world that ignores genocides so they can bust our chops. iIwouldn't be surprised if they freaked out.
                      F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Question: what would have happened if them Nazis at the Nuremberg trial screamed at the judge and staged hunger strikes and the likes?
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                          Question: what would have happened if them Nazis at the Nuremberg trial screamed at the judge and staged hunger strikes and the likes?
                          IMO,
                          They would have been shot by firing squad is my guess.(The more serious crimes)
                          Hanging would have been after they were found guilty. (If not imprisoned)
                          Gerring took the cowards way with cynide. (He definately would have swung from a rope no doubt). Churchill already had plans in place for this if any that escaped were caught.

I like the present judge in Saddams trial. Either way wether hes there or not the trial goes on and hes not afraid to either put him and his cronies in their place or remove them all together. :) Myself I dont see how they cant pass a death sentence upon him for what he has done to many. I cant see keeping him alive and the myth of him ever having power again. But who knows some bleeding heart will call for a stay of execution I suppose. ;)
                          Last edited by Dreadnought; 22 Feb 06,, 21:19.

Comment

Better yet, let him continue his hunger strike...from all accounts starvation is a pretty nasty way to peg out.
                            Hanging him will be too quick.
                            No...hunger strike in parihakas' steel cage sounds just right!
                            When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled
                              Better yet, let him continue his hunger strike...from all accounts starvation is a pretty nasty way to peg out.
                              Hanging him will be too quick.
                              No...hunger strike in parihakas' steel cage sounds just right!
                              You can't go wrong with Saddam hanging around in a gibbit, and vultures making a meal outta him.

Comment

Working...
                              X