No announcement yet.

My 1/35 Scale Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belly view of the Cat VF-124.... Yes the wings do fold out and are movable!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
      here is the cockpit of the cat - reconstituted, cleaned up from 1987, survived
      combat (kids) and rebuilt!! Not near as good as nord or Dalm!! But hey! I am learning!:)

GLYN !! how is the tank coming???
      Well done TJ!
      The tank? Oh, er, coming along quietly. I haven't made up my mind whether to have it in parade order, or as it looked after a hard exercise in inclement weather. As soon as it is finished I will let you know. I'll have to find out how to post photos on the WAB too.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
        Well done TJ!
        The tank? Oh, er, coming along quietly. I haven't made up my mind whether to have it in parade order, or as it looked after a hard exercise in inclement weather. As soon as it is finished I will let you know. I'll have to find out how to post photos on the WAB too.
        Thanks Glyn!

I wonder if you can get it parade order first, take pictures and then muddy it up in an "excercise"? wonder if that would be too much paint! Nord or Dalem would know huh?

Dry brush perhaps?

Comment

Thanks Glyn!

I wonder if you can get it parade order first, take pictures and then muddy it up in an "excercise"? wonder if that would be too much paint! Nord or Dalem would know huh?

Dry brush perhaps?
          In preparing model trains, that is called "weathering" and can be done with the "dry brush" method. Basically you pick the color of weathering (coal dust, mud or rust), wipe the brush clean on the edge of the bottle then with the remaining paint you use fast strokes. A small spray gun can do the same but a lot of paint is wasted because the best effect is overspray and the majority goes inside the paint box (or dining room table if the wife isn't watching).
          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
            In preparing model trains, that is called "weathering" and can be done with the "dry brush" method. Basically you pick the color of weathering (coal dust, mud or rust), wipe the brush clean on the edge of the bottle then with the remaining paint you use fast strokes. A small spray gun can do the same but a lot of paint is wasted because the best effect is overspray and the majority goes inside the paint box (or dining room table if the wife isn't watching).
            Can this be done after a regular paint job?

Comment

Can this be done after a regular paint job?
              Yes that`s the thing... But when it comes to aircraft, I`m not the man to help you....

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                Yes that`s the thing... But when it comes to aircraft, I`m not the man to help you....

Man, I wish you would have entered the scale model contest! You would have whupped everyone's butt.

Comment

Man, I wish you would have entered the scale model contest! You would have whupped everyone's butt.
                  obviously not....

Here`s another one..

Academys kit...

Comment

Superb work. The attention to detail is quite amazing.
                    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                      Superb work. The attention to detail is quite amazing.
                      I agree!! Splendid work Nord!

Glyn or Nord, you might know the answer to this question.

I am building a bf-109 ( wood flying model) and the was trying to select the correct squadron colors. While browsing through the sites, I noticed a lot of them had yellow nose cones and tail! Looks good - but as camo? what was the logic? I've seen pictures of Spitfires with some yellow too!

Any ideas?

Comment

Nord........Bloody outstanding :)
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

I agree!! Splendid work Nord!

Glyn or Nord, you might know the answer to this question.

I am building a bf-109 ( wood flying model) and the was trying to select the correct squadron colors. While browsing through the sites, I noticed a lot of them had yellow nose cones and tail! Looks good - but as camo? what was the logic? I've seen pictures of Spitfires with some yellow too!

Any ideas?
                          A lot of the early 109s had their noses and tails painted yellow. For example, JG26 and JG27, circa Battle of Britain, had the yellow tails and noses.
                          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
                            A lot of the early 109s had their noses and tails painted yellow. For example, JG26 and JG27, circa Battle of Britain, had the yellow tails and noses.
                            Yes, but isn't that like painting a target on yourself, as opposed to camo?

Comment

Yipee!! I found my own answer to the yellow nose and tail!!!

Camouflage & Markings of Messerschmitt Me 109

The yellow nose paint was first introduced on 109's during the Polish campaign as a recognition marking to avoid "friendly" fire from the Wehrmacht when operating on ground strafing missions; I have read that the Luftwaffe lost more 109's this way in Poland than were actually lost in combat, and hence the yellow became the much used ident colour in future offensive campaigns. Wow!!:)

I figured I'd share with everyone.

Comment

Yipee!! I found my own answer to the yellow nose and tail!!!

Camouflage & Markings of Messerschmitt Me 109

The yellow nose paint was first introduced on 109's during the Polish campaign as a recognition marking to avoid "friendly" fire from the Wehrmacht when operating on ground strafing missions; I have read that the Luftwaffe lost more 109's this way in Poland than were actually lost in combat, and hence the yellow became the much used ident colour in future offensive campaigns. Wow!!:)

I figured I'd share with everyone.
                                That's like our "invasion stripes" on all our planes during and after the Normandy landing.
                                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X