My 1/35 Scale Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
    Wow Dale! that's some pretty darn good work there. I think you are miles ahead of me. Any idea how Nord got the headlight effect on the tank? Photoshop? btw, is that you with the Katz eyes??
    Nahh, a buddy of mine. I don't think I'm actually in any of those pics.

And thanks for the compliment. It's a fun hobby.

-dale

Comment

Apparently, a friend of an Argentine friend of mine sends his pictures to Tamaya of Argentine weapon systems and he gets free models and sometimes money back...
      http://www.economicthought.net

Comment

T72b

Hi Guys,

Missed to check up on this thread!

Here`s some late builds from me......

Comment

Nice work! Makes me want to finish up my M10 TD waiting in the wings.

-dale

Comment

T62a

T62 Series Tanks
            The T-62 is a further step in the line of development begun with the T-54/55 series, entering production in 1961 and remaining in production until 1975. It became the standard main battle tank in Soviet tank and motorized rifle units, gradually replacing the T-54 and T-55. The T-62A variant first appeared in 1970. By the 1980s it was replaced by the new generation T-64/T-72/T-80 tanks as the first-line Soviet main battle tank.

DESCRIPTION:

The T-62 medium tank has a fully tracked, five-road wheeled chassis with close spaces between the three front road wheels and large gaps separating the third, fourth, and fifth road wheels. The drive sprocket is at the rear and the idler at the front, and there are no track return rollers. The rounded turret, mounted over the third road wheel, is more smoothly cast and more nearly egg-shaped than that of the T-54/55 series. The commander's cupola on the left is cast with the turret and not bolted on as in the case of the T-54/55. The loader's hatch on the right is also located farther forward.

The 115-mm smoothbore main gun has a longer and thinner tube than the 100-mmgunof the T-54/55, and its bore evacuator is located about two-thirds of the way up the gun tube from the turret. There is also a 7.62-mm coaxial machine gun, and model T-62A also mounts a 12.7-mm antiaircraft machine gun at the loader's hatch position.

A gunner's IR searchlight is mounted on the right above the main gun, and a smaller IR searchlight is mounted on the commander's cupola. The driver's hatch is located in front of the turret on the left side of the flat, low-silhouetted hull.

It looks much like the T55, but the size is bigger...

Last edited by Nord; 26 Oct 06,, 19:21.

Comment

T55

It`s ready execpt the ammo in brass...

More pics later on, hope you like it!

Comment

Beautiful detail, Nord!
                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Now I need to learn "resizing 101"....

Nord, how did you get the headlight shining effect?
                  As the wise man said... Photoshop......

Comment

Wow, absolutely amazing!
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Truly excellent work. Maybe I should remove my MIG-29 from display till I can build something half as good!! You are really talented, Nord!!

Comment

Truly excellent work. Maybe I should remove my MIG-29 from display till I can build something half as good!! You are really talented, Nord!!

Thanx Texasjohn!

Regarding your MIG, it`s truly ok, but needs a little bit more painting.... :)

Comment

prolly so!! I orginally built the model about 20 years ago, while in college ( no money etc.). The model got wrecked, ( kids growing up) and I had to put it back together. Is there a way I can repaint over that or am I better off going for a newer model and use an airbrush this time?

Comment

prolly so!! I orginally built the model about 20 years ago, while in college ( no money etc.). The model got wrecked, ( kids growing up) and I had to put it back together. Is there a way I can repaint over that or am I better off going for a newer model and use an airbrush this time?

Personly I let my old builds stay as they are, so I can mesaure my progress...

Get a new kit, use an airbrush, and see the difference....

Last edited by Nord; 27 Oct 06,, 22:38.

Comment

Sd.Kfz 9 Famo

Comment

B1 bis

Nr 257 "Bourrasque", 2nd Section, 1st Company, 15th Combat Tank Battalion, 2nd Armored Division France 1940.

One 47mm Gun
                                One 75mm Howitzer
                                Weight 32tons
                                Last edited by Nord; 30 Oct 06,, 00:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X