Installing Starcraft to hard drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Starcraft to hard drive?

My Starcraft CD is all scratched up, I want to be able to play it from my hard drive. Can anybody help?
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Either copy ALL the files onto your hard drive and install it from there, or download it. I've had much better luck with the second, even though you can't always be sure you're downloading the right game...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I copied all my files to the hard drive yesterday and installed from there, still prompts for the CD.

Comment

there is a no-cd crack floating around the net.

Sounds like you need it.

Comment

I've been looking, I need to find it.

Comment

Nm, found the hack, working now :)

Comment

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ is the best place to find the no-cd patches and instructions on backing up (LOL) your copy protected games. :)
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
              X