Postage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postage question

I received a book in the mail today. The return address was "West Midlands, B91 1UE" but the postage was French. Would that be a typical mailing occurrence? I know that here in the US companies often contract out their mailing needs to outside sources. Do the postage rates to the US vary (a lot) between France and the UK? Just curious...
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
    I received a book in the mail today. The return address was "West Midlands, B91 1UE" but the postage was French. Would that be a typical mailing occurrence? I know that here in the US companies often contract out their mailing needs to outside sources. Do the postage rates to the US vary (a lot) between France and the UK? Just curious...
    Not typical at all. The post code is for solihull a town just outside Birmingham which is slap bang in the middle of the Country. I presume the person who sent it was perhaps on holiday. A strange thing to do as the French Postal prices are huge.

The French postage(letter) starts from 85 euros per 20g ..packages go by weight and size as does the UK

The British package rates are 128p 1st class or 108p 2nd class per 100g

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Not typical at all. The post code is for solihull a town just outside Birmingham which is slap bang in the middle of the Country. I presume the person who sent it was perhaps on holiday. A strange thing to do as the French Postal prices are huge.

The French postage(letter) starts from 85 euros per 20g ..packages go by weight and size as does the UK

The British package rates are 128p 1st class or 108p 2nd class per 100g
      what??? 85E for a 20g letter????
      damn, it cost me around 10usd for a letter (a lot heavyer than 20g) to ukraine. with usps, and i tought fedex $75 rate for letter, including delivery with signature was a lot. damn, you guys getting ripped off.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
        what??? 85E for a 20g letter????
        damn, it cost me around 10usd for a letter (a lot heavyer than 20g) to ukraine. with usps, and i tought fedex $75 rate for letter, including delivery with signature was a lot. damn, you guys getting ripped off.
        "Standard first-class letters (20g or less) and postcards within France cost €0.56; to continental European countries (from Scandinavia to Portugal), Baltic states, Greece, and the British Isles €0.70; to other European or Eurasian countries (Iceland, Russia, etc.), Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) €0.85. "

Comment

"Standard first-class letters (20g or less) and postcards within France cost €0.56; to continental European countries (from Scandinavia to Portugal), Baltic states, Greece, and the British Isles €0.70; to other European or Eurasian countries (Iceland, Russia, etc.), Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand) €0.85. "
          Hey Dave have you been on the 'Turps', you are confusing us all here. Your initial statement said 85 Euros for a 20g Package (Letter), and now you say 0.85, which one is it. I wouldn't pay 85 Euros for a Package, thats near 90 Quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
            Hey Dave have you been on the 'Turps', you are confusing us all here. Your initial statement said 85 Euros for a 20g Package (Letter), and now you say 0.85, which one is it. I wouldn't pay 85 Euros for a Package, thats near 90 Quid.
            I would , if it contained 12 bottles of Ooe,s finest , hint hint

Comment

Originally posted by Chaobam Armour View Post
              Sorry mate it's .85...even the French wouldn't charge that much..saying that, have you had a cup of coffee in Paris lately

Comment

How much is a cup of coffee in Paris? USD?
                sigpic "We are the people our parents warned us about." Jimmy Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by Desdemona View Post
                  How much is a cup of coffee in Paris? USD?
                  $8-10

Comment

$8-10
                    1st class ;)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                      Got another package from the same company. This one's postmarked "Malmo Sweden"! The wonders of the European economy!?
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Working...
                      X