X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green River Killer admits murdering 48 women

'I killed so many women'

Ridgway confesses to dozens of slayings in Green River case

SEATTLE, Washington (CNN) -- Gary Ridgway has admitted to killing dozens of women in the Pacific Northwest, a confession that gives him more murder convictions on his record than any other serial killer in U.S. history.

"I killed so many women I have a hard time keeping them straight," he said in a confession read aloud in court. "I wanted to kill as many women as I thought were prostitutes as I possibly could," Ridgway said in the statement.

Some relatives of the victims were crying in the courtroom as Ridgway made the confessions.

Before the hearing, authorities would not confirm what many speculated, that Ridgway provided information in exchange for a plea deal that would save him from the death penalty and give him life without parole.

However, two of the bodies on the official list of Green River victims were found in Oregon, which has capital punishment, and it is still unclear whether Ridgway will plead guilty to those murders.

The Green River Killer's slaying spree began in 1982, targeting women in the Seattle area, mainly runaways and prostitutes. The first victims turned up in the Green River south of Seattle, giving the killer his name.

The remains of dozens of women turned up near Pacific Northwest ravines, rivers, airports and freeways in the 1980s. Of them, investigators officially listed 49 women as probable victims of the Green River Killer.

One of the victims of the Green River killing spree was Patricia Yellow Robe.

"I find it incredible that an individual was able to cause that many deaths, perpetrate that much suffering and misery on so many people," said Joe Yellow Robe, father of Patricia.

Investigators had hoped for a quick arrest, but were stumped for years. Nobody was arrested until 2001, when DNA evidence led to seven murder charges against the 54-year-old Ridgway.

Until recently, lawyers for Ridgway had said he was going to plead not guilty. The local prosecutor said there would be no deals.

"The policy of this office is not to bargain with the death penalty, period," said Norm Maleng, King County prosecutor

But this summer, four more bodies were located, the first time in years missing victims had been found, leading to speculation Ridgway was offering information for a deal.

Investigators also recently found human bones in two other locations near Seattle, which raised questions about how so many victims could be discovered at once. Investigators say six women are still missing from the Green River case.

Ridgway's pleas to 48 counts would give him more convictions -- though not necessarily more slayings -- than any other serial killer in the nation's history.

John Wayne Gacy, who preyed on men and boys in Chicago in the 1970s, was convicted of killing 33. Ted Bundy, whose killing started in Washington state, confessed to killing more than 30 women and girls, but was convicted only of killing three before he was executed.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/05/gr...ngs/index.html
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

fake an accident and kill him in the most slow and painfull way. like stick a glass tube inside his urethra and then hit his dick with a hammer so the glass tube shatteres and causes extreme pain to his genitals.
    then cut off his fingers one by one and continue on by severing the limbs and then putting them into olive oil.
    cut his stomach open and leave him to die of rotting and infection.
    i would love to do that to that asshole.

Comment

Can't we do something more painful to him than that?:flamemad
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

there is always the hand in the meatgrinder trick and the severing of the penis and sticking it into his mouth thing.
        or infect him some new biological disease and make the relatives of the victims watch as he dies of pain.

Comment

Nope nope nope, keep thinking. These are all "tickle him with a feather" ideas you've come up with:flamemad
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

honey and fireants on a nice Texas summer day....
            Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Another "feather" idea. Let's talk pain here, shall we?

Comment

shove his severd arm up his butthole and then rip his head off with your bare hands

Comment

OK, now that's a good start...

Comment

open his stomach, cook get his intestines out and then force it down in his ass/mouth.

Slowly cut open his cranium with out anesthesia!! or give him local anas so that he's still awake, may be if he's lucky enuff he can see his brain while he's still alive
                    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

The worst part is this: As satisfying as doing all those things (and more) would be, it won't bring back those dead women :cry
                      But it sure as shit would be an absolute joy to torture Ridgway until he goes literally insane from the agony.

Comment

Actually this happened in a med school in our state (India).

A second year med student killed a first year student, then severed up his arms, legs,head and cut body in to pieces
                        (precise surgical post mortem) and then threw them in different towns.

The worst part is, that second year student was my classmate in high school
                        :puke
                        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Jay,

How about shoving him in the Tandoor?:smoke

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                            Another "feather" idea. Let's talk pain here, shall we?
                            A. you have no patience...
                            B. Texas has some damned big fireants and they hurt like a bitch.
                            C. you don't want the subject in so much pain that they merely pass out from shock. you have to stretch the pain on endlessly. The idea being you keep them alive as long as possible while making life hell.
                            Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

A. You are correct, I have no patience (for certain things)
                              B. I'm familiar with fireants, having once pulled a pair of jeans on, only to discover the insides were covered with fireants.
                              C. You are correct about passing out from shock. I would certainly want to prolong the suffering...for say, 10 or 12 years

Comment

Working...
                              X