A suggestion of commonsense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion of commonsense.

I'm stating the obvious and im surprised it hasn't been done yet.

97% of posts in the asian-pacific forum are directly aimed at Indians and *****. My suggestion is set up a Sub-Continent forum. Reasons for it are obvious, persons from other countries cant have discussions in there currently (even the chinese posts have ceased) with the asia-pacific forum swamped. The effort was made to create new less popular regional sections for others here at wab. With that in mind one would think a sub-continent forum is logical.

First of all please do not use the term "P a k i" on this forum. As for your suggestion, we will think about it.
    Last edited by ZFBoxcar; 19 Oct 05,, 01:48.

Comment

Honestly didn't know **** was an insult. Thx for considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Selective

97% of posts in the asian-pacific forum are directly aimed at Indians and *****. My suggestion is set up a Sub-Continent forum. Reasons for it are obvious, persons from other countries cant have discussions in there currently (even the chinese posts have ceased) with the asia-pacific forum swamped. The effort was made to create new less popular regional sections for others here at wab. With that in mind one would think a sub-continent forum is logical.
        The contention that "persons from other countries cant have discussions in there currently (even the chinese posts have ceased) with the asia-pacific forum swamped" is not understood.

If there is a Chinese thread or an Australian thread in the Asia Pacific forum, who has stopped anyone from visiting these threads and making them active and lively?

Are you aware that there is no Africa forum? Are you aware why? Because there is hardly anyone contributing to it!

And with 43 posts in your pocket, it is rather presumtous of you to opine "I'm stating the obvious and im surprised it hasn't been done yet".

Had you crossed the 50 mark, you would have been acquinted with a gentleman going by the name of Bluesman and his onslaught of Butter Cookies!

If such Chinese or Arustralian threads were even posted in the a special Forum, would it make it any less moribund than it is now?

It must be understood that a thread has "life" if there are adequate posters interested in that thread!

It obviously has no connection with any swamping of the Asia Pacific Forum with 97% post on India or Pakistan.

The fact is that there are many Indians and Pakistanis on WAB, while the Australians and Chinese can be counted on the fingertips and that too they are most inactive.

Surely, that is no fault of Indians or Pakistani from entering into debate by opening India Pakistan threads in not only the Asia Pacific forum but elsewhere too!

Therefore, I persume I am more surprised than you and what I have written is more obvious than what you have written, but then you are being selective in your interpretation!

Just a point of curiosity, what earthshaking event is taking place in Australia that would be of interest?

Of China, yes there is much happening but then there are hardly any Chinese from China on the WAB. Only the Colonel gives us some insight into China, that is when he is not deer hunting or looking after his horses.
        Last edited by Ray; 19 Oct 05,, 03:27.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Never mind Selective, I'll talk to you about Australia. losing the Ashes, the Tri-nations, the Bledisloe, getting trounced by the Kiwis in the league, what would you like to talk about?
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

*Looks at the number of posts Ray has made* lmao

Ray your busting for a fight. It aint a flame post. So i havent posted much, big deal. Yea, I know bout the buttercookie incident.

"It must be understood that a thread has "life" if there are adequate posters interested in that thread!

It obviously has no connection with any swamping of the Asia Pacific Forum with 97% post on India or Pakistan.

The fact is that there are many Indians and Pakistanis on WAB, while the Australians and Chinese can be counted on the fingertips and that too they are most inactive.

Surely, that is no fault of Indians or Pakistani from entering into debate by opening India Pakistan threads in not only the Asia Pacific forum but elsewhere too!
            "

You are expanding on my point...good man. Wouldnt a sub-continent forum be more user friendly?? Might even encourage those in the entire asian region to post. Take a peek at the list of topics in there now...
            Russia delivers INS Sindhughosh to India
            srirangan Today 09:24 PM
            by Sameer 5 57
            IAF in favour of French or Russian aircraft ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
            Endangered Today 09:05 PM
            by tphuang 95 1,001
            Hi, My Name is Musharraf: Which Way Is Israel? ( 1 2 )
            Ray Today 01:37 PM
            by Neo 34 349
            India's next gen destroyer, P-15A
            Sameer Today 01:32 PM
            by Sameer 16 251
            Pakistan open fire on Indian troops in Samba sector in Kashmir
            srirangan Today 12:45 PM
            by srirangan 3 37
            Quake critics hound Pakistan army
            BruteGorilla Today 09:13 AM
            by Sameer 4 93
            MiG-35: Russia's answer to F-16 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
            Neo Today 09:10 AM
            by Sameer 185 2,764
            Agni Missile to be integrated with composite materials
            Endangered Today 05:01 AM
            by bull 4 75
            Bangladesh plays the China card ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
            Ray Yesterday 09:14 AM
            by Officer of Engineers 136 1,398
            Bangabhumi? ( 1 2 )
            amit Yesterday 12:12 AM
            by 667medic 36 625
            plane with relief supplies lands in Pak
            BruteGorilla 10-16-2005 12:05 AM
            by brownboi4eva 12 149
            India, Myanmar to jointly tackle insurgency, drug trafficking
            srirangan 10-14-2005 11:39 PM
            by ajaybhutani 1 26
            Al Qaida warns of "major battles" in Kashmir
            srirangan 10-14-2005 10:28 AM
            by srirangan 0 29
            Al Queda to step up future operations in Kashmir
            Sameer 10-13-2005 07:51 PM
            by Sameer 0 24
            Second Iaf Plane To Pak On Standby
            BruteGorilla 10-13-2005 12:41 AM
            by BruteGorilla 0 30
            Combat aircraft decision may pivot on nuclear co-operation
            Endangered 10-12-2005 11:38 PM
            by Sameer 5 80
            BrahMos missile enters production this month
            Endangered 10-12-2005 11:04 PM
            by Sameer 10 172
            pak dominates india by 2006 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
            vishv29 10-12-2005 11:05 AM
            by Jay 163 3,452
            Boeing now pushes fighters
            Endangered 10-11-2005 05:16 PM
            by platinum786 4 85
            Germany offers India non-nuke subs
            Ray 10-11-2005 01:41 PM
            by Sameer 8 279
            India Hijacks Kashmir Solution
            Ray 10-10-2005 10:36 AM
            by Sameer 11 145
            Musharraf to allow the CIA to access nuclear rogue A.Q. Khan
            Endangered 10-10-2005 03:13 AM
            by Ray 1 37
            Nepal King announces election date
            Ray 10-10-2005 12:16 AM
            by Ray 0 14
            India Moving Towards China? ( 1 2 )
            Sanctified 10-08-2005 11:31 PM
            by Leader 30 565
            India calls for total elimination of N-weapons ( 1 2 3 )
            Endangered 10-08-2005 10:24 AM
            by Monk 52 567
            Khalistan- Not Dead- Sikhs Oppressed ( 1 2 3 4 )
            Saad 10-07-2005 05:45 PM
            by ab041937 60 673
            Inquiry Finds Indian Troops Did Killings ( 1 2 )
            Saad 10-07-2005 08:18 AM
            by raj 32 353
            Latest on PAF F-16 ( 1 2 )
            Neo 10-06-2005 11:57 PM
            by indianguy4u 26 381
            US could come under Pakistani nuclear threat: Cohen
            Endangered 10-06-2005 01:59 PM
            by Gautam 10 173
            119 new planes for PAF in the next 2 years? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
            Asim Aquil 10-06-2005 09:17 AM
            by Garry 232 2,807
            Pakistani spin over a "spy plane" ( 1 2 3 )
            Vaman 10-06-2005 04:38 AM
            by Samudra 46 639
            Akash SAM goes Bang On
            Ray 10-06-2005 02:12 AM
            by Neo 12 231
            Four PAF employees awarded death
            Ray 10-05-2005 03:28 PM
            by Lunatock 1 61
            Tribal trouble: necessary needs to be done for the sufficient to happen
            Ray 10-04-2005 02:09 PM
            by Ray 0 35
            when do think china will attack taiwan?
            vivi

Instead of sifting through all that everytime to find something relating to what u want to read, how about adding sub-continent section. One would think if u had soooo many posters from india and pakistan u would appreciate it.

"Just a point of curiosity, what earthshaking event is taking place in Australia that would be of interest?"

Don't recall stating anything about aust news in my orginal post. Was talking about the rest of asia. But no you pretend you didnt read that and cont posting what u want.

"Never mind Selective, I'll talk to you about Australia. losing the Ashes, the Tri-nations, the Bledisloe, getting trounced by the Kiwis in the league, what would you like to talk about? "

lol Parihaka, we just pwned the rest of the world. Im a Victorian so u can have the rugby.

Comment

Damn my packet of butter cookies got over,where can i get another ?

Comment

I'm famous.

Comment

*Looks at the number of posts Ray has made* lmao...

...Ray your busting for a fight. It aint a flame post. So i havent posted much, big deal. Yea, I know bout the buttercookie incident.
                  lol Parihaka, we just pwned the rest of the world. Im a Victorian so u can have the rugby.
                  Wow, Something good must've happened for the butter cookies to be brought up again...darn if I didn't miss it.
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                    Wow, Something good must've happened for the butter cookies to be brought up again...darn if I didn't miss it.
                    Cheetos will surely conquer butter cookies.
                    You may not like it but history is on our side. Cheetos will bury you.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Cheetos and butter cookies unite

against the most vile, evil, biological warfare creation ever created - spam ... and I'm not talking electronic junk mail.

Comment

Cheetos and butter cookies unite

against the most vile, evil, biological warfare creation ever created - spam ... and I'm not talking electronic junk mail.
                        When I was reading an article on Siachin by a Pakistan Army man and he said the army would often airlift 'proper' food to raise morale. He said that to send field rations to that hell hole would be cruel, since they have "had every last trace of taste or norishment painstakingly removed fromn them." If you don't mind idulging this civilian, army food cannot be all that bad. Other contenders, my sisters cooking for one.
                        "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                          Never mind Selective, I'll talk to you about Australia. losing the Ashes, the Tri-nations, the Bledisloe, getting trounced by the Kiwis in the league, what would you like to talk about?

Come on, be an optimist!

Comment

*Looks at the number of posts Ray has made* lmao

Ray your busting for a fight. It aint a flame post. So i havent posted much, big deal. Yea, I know bout the buttercookie incident.

"It must be understood that a thread has "life" if there are adequate posters interested in that thread!

"

You are expanding on my point...good man. Wouldnt a sub-continent forum be more user friendly?? Might even encourage those in the entire asian region to post. Take a peek at the list of topics in there now...
                            Russia delivers INS Sindhughosh to India
                            srirangan Today 09:24 PM
                            by Sameer 5 57
                            IAF in favour of French or Russian aircraft ( 1 2 3 4 5 )
                            Endangered Today 09:05 PM
                            by tphuang 95 1,001
                            Hi, My Name is Musharraf: Which Way Is Israel? ( 1 2 )
                            Ray Today 01:37 PM
                            by Neo 34 349
                            India's next gen destroyer, P-15A
                            Sameer Today 01:32 PM
                            by Sameer 16 251
                            Pakistan open fire on Indian troops in Samba sector in Kashmir
                            srirangan Today 12:45 PM
                            by srirangan 3 37
                            Quake critics hound Pakistan army
                            BruteGorilla Today 09:13 AM
                            by Sameer 4 93
                            MiG-35: Russia's answer to F-16 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
                            Neo Today 09:10 AM
                            by Sameer 185 2,764
                            Agni Missile to be integrated with composite materials
                            Endangered Today 05:01 AM
                            by bull 4 75
                            Bangladesh plays the China card ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
                            Ray Yesterday 09:14 AM
                            by Officer of Engineers 136 1,398
                            Bangabhumi? ( 1 2 )
                            amit Yesterday 12:12 AM
                            by 667medic 36 625
                            plane with relief supplies lands in Pak
                            BruteGorilla 10-16-2005 12:05 AM
                            by brownboi4eva 12 149
                            India, Myanmar to jointly tackle insurgency, drug trafficking
                            srirangan 10-14-2005 11:39 PM
                            by ajaybhutani 1 26
                            Al Qaida warns of "major battles" in Kashmir
                            srirangan 10-14-2005 10:28 AM
                            by srirangan 0 29
                            Al Queda to step up future operations in Kashmir
                            Sameer 10-13-2005 07:51 PM
                            by Sameer 0 24
                            Second Iaf Plane To Pak On Standby
                            BruteGorilla 10-13-2005 12:41 AM
                            by BruteGorilla 0 30
                            Combat aircraft decision may pivot on nuclear co-operation
                            Endangered 10-12-2005 11:38 PM
                            by Sameer 5 80
                            BrahMos missile enters production this month
                            Endangered 10-12-2005 11:04 PM
                            by Sameer 10 172
                            pak dominates india by 2006 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
                            vishv29 10-12-2005 11:05 AM
                            by Jay 163 3,452
                            Boeing now pushes fighters
                            Endangered 10-11-2005 05:16 PM
                            by platinum786 4 85
                            Germany offers India non-nuke subs
                            Ray 10-11-2005 01:41 PM
                            by Sameer 8 279
                            India Hijacks Kashmir Solution
                            Ray 10-10-2005 10:36 AM
                            by Sameer 11 145
                            Musharraf to allow the CIA to access nuclear rogue A.Q. Khan
                            Endangered 10-10-2005 03:13 AM
                            by Ray 1 37
                            Nepal King announces election date
                            Ray 10-10-2005 12:16 AM
                            by Ray 0 14
                            India Moving Towards China? ( 1 2 )
                            Sanctified 10-08-2005 11:31 PM
                            by Leader 30 565
                            India calls for total elimination of N-weapons ( 1 2 3 )
                            Endangered 10-08-2005 10:24 AM
                            by Monk 52 567
                            Khalistan- Not Dead- Sikhs Oppressed ( 1 2 3 4 )
                            Saad 10-07-2005 05:45 PM
                            by ab041937 60 673
                            Inquiry Finds Indian Troops Did Killings ( 1 2 )
                            Saad 10-07-2005 08:18 AM
                            by raj 32 353
                            Latest on PAF F-16 ( 1 2 )
                            Neo 10-06-2005 11:57 PM
                            by indianguy4u 26 381
                            US could come under Pakistani nuclear threat: Cohen
                            Endangered 10-06-2005 01:59 PM
                            by Gautam 10 173
                            119 new planes for PAF in the next 2 years? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
                            Asim Aquil 10-06-2005 09:17 AM
                            by Garry 232 2,807
                            Pakistani spin over a "spy plane" ( 1 2 3 )
                            Vaman 10-06-2005 04:38 AM
                            by Samudra 46 639
                            Akash SAM goes Bang On
                            Ray 10-06-2005 02:12 AM
                            by Neo 12 231
                            Four PAF employees awarded death
                            Ray 10-05-2005 03:28 PM
                            by Lunatock 1 61
                            Tribal trouble: necessary needs to be done for the sufficient to happen
                            Ray 10-04-2005 02:09 PM
                            by Ray 0 35
                            when do think china will attack taiwan?
                            vivi

Instead of sifting through all that everytime to find something relating to what u want to read, how about adding sub-continent section. One would think if u had soooo many posters from india and pakistan u would appreciate it.

"Just a point of curiosity, what earthshaking event is taking place in Australia that would be of interest?"

Don't recall stating anything about aust news in my orginal post. Was talking about the rest of asia. But no you pretend you didnt read that and cont posting what u want.

"Never mind Selective, I'll talk to you about Australia. losing the Ashes, the Tri-nations, the Bledisloe, getting trounced by the Kiwis in the league, what would you like to talk about? "

Am I just dying for a fight? You bet it. I am a retired military man bored with all this peace! ;)

What's your grouse about the number posts I have made? I assure you that they were not totally junk. In fact, your redundant rant has added some posts to the kitty.

I really don't know why you are laughing your **** out. If one has piles, it appears that the **** is falling out as if it is laughing!

What's wrong with the posts that you have listed. Anything wrong in them? If so, do let us know. They are issues, aren't they, that could invite debate?

India and Pakistan are happening places. Therefore, they are in the news.

What can Indians and Pakistanis do, if nothing happens in your part of the world? Can't even talk about the weather.

Guess what?

Parihaka has produced more comments on a little country like NZ because he has added interesting tidbits which has interested posters.

Instead of wallowing in self pity, use a bit of grey matter and start something of interest about Australia, and stop being "Down Under" and feeling trampled and behaving as if you are Under Weather!

Is it our fault that you are suffering from self pity?

Start something about Howard. He is controversial enough and then start defending the bloke. It will make Australia a happening place on the forum.

Ok, to nudge you on the way and get you out of this self pitying melancholy, I think Howard is a BUM. And to add greater zing - NZ will capture you soon! They, as it is, thrash you in Rugby.
                            Last edited by Ray; 19 Oct 05,, 21:29.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

No, A sub forum wouldn't be good.

We don't have a ghetto mentality! ;)

We like to expose our dirty linen to the world.

Like me and like my dog.

We are not secretively insular.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X