Listen up all "Pseudo Aryans"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen up all "Pseudo Aryans"....

The Genographic Project is a global research partnership of National Geographic and IBM. With support for field research from the Waitt Family Foundation, Dr. Spencer Wells and a group of the world's leading scientists will attempt to collect and analyze more than 100,000 DNA samples from indigenous people all over the world. The goal of the Genographic Project is to learn about the migratory paths our ancestors took and how humankind populated the planet. Find more detailed information on the Genographic Project, at www.nationalgeographic.com/genographic

The general public can actually take an active part in this remarkable effort by purchasing a Genographic Project Public Participation Kit and by submitting an anonymous sample of their DNA using an easy and painless cheek swab. By participating, you will not only contribute to this great endeavor, but you may discover something fascinating about your own genetic past as well. Furthermore, the proceeds from the sales of the Kits will be channeled back into the Project to support additional research and to fund educational and cultural preservation efforts benefiting indigenous communities participating in the research.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/
    A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

For $100 - I think this would be awesome!
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Sorry Jay, this "Psuedo Aryan" has learnt (from rather more convetional sources) that one ancestor was an Afghan Exotic Dancer in London in the 1820's, and another met his end tied to the end of a cannon. Kinda enough for me.
      "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

he he

If thats the case, all our ancestors, atleast 10-15 generations can be tracked easily just by tracking their native temples.

As it says, this project is not about tracking your great great grand parents, but its something which tracks the "trip" that the ancients took. You shudve watched Spencer Wells in NG, it was fascinating, he found those marker genes in Africa, Iran, Central Asia, India, China, Australia, Siberia and Native Indians in America.
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

That is really cool. I think I'll look into it.
          Originally posted by GVChamp
          College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by sparten
            Sorry Jay, this "Psuedo Aryan" has learnt (from rather more convetional sources) that one ancestor..... and another met his end tied to the end of a cannon. Kinda enough for me.
            Was he part of the Sepoy Army that rebelled in 1857?...can you give some more details.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
              Was he part of the Sepoy Army that rebelled in 1857?...can you give some more details.
              Sounds kind of like what happened to Banda Baba's followers....
              Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

[ancestor was an Afghan Exotic Dancer in London in the 1820's

We could be related!
                Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Volunteer who came to fight in 1857 from Afghnaistan.

We could be related!
                  No more surprises please.
                  "Any relations in a social order will endure if there is infused into them some of that spirit of human sympathy, which qualifies life for immortality." ~ George William Russell

Comment

Working...
                  X