• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship of Russian Euronews

Two editors of the website portal hro.org noticed that the Russian version
    of Euronews unexpectedly cut short translation into Russian of Tony Blair's
    speech on October 4th. He was speaking about the situation in Chechnya at a
    press-conference to mark the end of the Russia - EU summit in London.

This isn't the first time that the Russian edition of Euronews has blocked
    information, notes hro.org, and reminds us that the government-owned Russian
    telecommunications company bought a large block of shares in Euronews.

(translated from Prima news: www.prima-news.ru <http://www.prima-news.ru/>
    )

Lunatock,

Do you believe Chechnya should be an independant country?
    "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock
      Two editors of the website portal hro.org noticed that the Russian version
      of Euronews unexpectedly cut short translation into Russian of Tony Blair's
      speech on October 4th. He was speaking about the situation in Chechnya at a
      press-conference to mark the end of the Russia - EU summit in London.

This isn't the first time that the Russian edition of Euronews has blocked
      information, notes hro.org, and reminds us that the government-owned Russian
      telecommunications company bought a large block of shares in Euronews.

(translated from Prima news: www.prima-news.ru <http://www.prima-news.ru/>
      )
      I won't believe it. Russia's a democracy

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
        Lunatock,

Do you believe Chechnya should be an independant country?
        Depends on who's in control of it. IMO Putin has as much right to rule Chechnya as the Wahabbi's wishing to turn the Caucasus into an Islamic state.

As well as Putin's keeping x number of other Russian Federation republics in the Russian Federation when they so clearly don't want his guiding hand around their necks.

Comment

Depends on who's in control of it. IMO Putin has as much right to rule Chechnya as the Wahabbi's wishing to turn the Caucasus into an Islamic state.

As well as Putin's keeping x number of other Russian Federation republics in the Russian Federation when they so clearly don't want his guiding hand around their necks.

Mmmmm, the Chechnya issue is quite confusing to me. It seems like the choice is between the Devil and the deep blue sea, is that what you are saying as well?
          "Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except all those others that have been tried from time to time. "

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Mmmmm, the Chechnya issue is quite confusing to me. It seems like the choice is between the Devil and the deep blue sea, is that what you are saying as well?
            Sort of. Somehow for the past few centuries Russia just thought that Chechnya should be ruled by them, and the Chechens always thought otherwise. Same thing for the wahabbi movement that was imported there. Neither of which should be ruling the Caucasus region.

Comment

Sort of. Somehow for the past few centuries Russia just thought that Chechnya should be ruled by them, and the Chechens always thought otherwise. Same thing for the wahabbi movement that was imported there. Neither of which should be ruling the Caucasus region.
              How deeply is the wahhabi movement entrenched there? Does it have large mass appeal and popular support?

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

How deeply is the wahhabi movement entrenched there? Does it have large mass appeal and popular support?
                I doubt it. 20% of the population is the highest figure I've read. Though it does seem to have a more loyal following across the border in Dagestan.

And the middle ground between Russian Soldiers & The Vostok Battalion and the Wahabbi's seems to be disappearing, mostly due to the moderate Chechens either dieing or managing to flee to a different part of the world.

Comment

Lunatocks gyal's chechen....so he's probably better placed to tell you than me....but the wahhabi moveemnt has been there since the late 80's early 90's....it'#s pretty entrenched there....but nobody wants them as leaders. They have support of that sort.

It's like peoplle like LeT etc in IOK, nobody cared when they where there just to kill indian soldiers, it's when they started expressing opinions, we want rid of them.

Comment

btw, do you know the chechen issue has been on going for several hundred years, 400 i beleive, according to a long histroy of it i read on the BBC.

The chechens are a different "people" to the Russians, like Kurds and Iran/Iraq.....they've been wantiing thier own way for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                      Lunatocks gyal's chechen....so he's probably better placed to tell you than me....but the wahhabi moveemnt has been there since the late 80's early 90's....it'#s pretty entrenched there....but nobody wants them as leaders. They have support of that sort.

It's like peoplle like LeT etc in IOK, nobody cared when they where there just to kill indian soldiers, it's when they started expressing opinions, we want rid of them.
                      You are on dangerous ground with this statement, Buddy.

I care when Indian soldiers are killed and so do a billion other Indians, capisce?

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                        btw, do you know the chechen issue has been on going for several hundred years, 400 i beleive, according to a long histroy of it i read on the BBC.

The chechens are a different "people" to the Russians, like Kurds and Iran/Iraq.....they've been wantiing thier own way for ages.
                        Explain different. You mean religious or something else?

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I doubt it. 20% of the population is the highest figure I've read. Though it does seem to have a more loyal following across the border in Dagestan.

And the middle ground between Russian Soldiers & The Vostok Battalion and the Wahabbi's seems to be disappearing, mostly due to the moderate Chechens either dieing or managing to flee to a different part of the world.
                          Ok now we are getting somewhere. If it is only 20% support they are certainly not the majority. What do the moderates want then?

And if the middle ground between the Russian military and the Wahhabis disappears we are looking at a very serious problem, aren't we?

Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

So, who should ruling that region? USA? Iran? Who...?

Well, you discuss about chechen people, but you never met them in your life you don't know what is happen during last 15 - 20 years in that region. But I know, I visited that area a few times and if you do not have any idea, I will tell you something....
                            Let say in California, Texas, New Mexico which were captured by US mexican people all that time live together with american people, but they hate them. And one day president of US said - all states can take independance as they want handle that. And mexican people will pronounce own independance from US or Mexico. And than they will do EVERYTHING to push americans out from that states. And all white or black or asian american people will flee without ability to sell houses or take money; just flee to safe own life.
                            And than, radical mexican people will go to the neighbor states to kidnapp people and ask money. If you are thinking what to do, they will make movie how they rape your wife or daughter in different way or they will cut finger or ear of your brother or son.... and you will do everything to pay them to take your people back home. And than that radical people of independent country will go with some troops to NV, CO, OK and LA to terrorize that population and try to take that territory. What do you think????
                            Maybe as you said - neither americans or mexican should ruling southern states....., who should be in charge?

Comment

you discuss about chechen people, but you never met them in your life
                              You obviously don't know who you're talking to.

Comment

Working...
                              X