No announcement yet.

when do think china will attack taiwan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when do think china will attack taiwan?

i think it will happen before 2008 consider olympic game in beijing.

Originally posted by vivi
    i think it will happen before 2008 consider olympic game in beijing.
    Why dont you become a chicken first and let me spank your **** and then maybe I will aswer the question.
    First you opened a thread about Korean war and now it's about taiwan invasion. I think you are a bloody commy ....
    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

"when do think china will attack taiwan?"

Never, IMO

Comment

When China feels it can win, ie not for the next 20 years at least and even then its doubtful.

Comment

China will not take Taiwan by force. But will continue to isolate Taiwan even more efficively than ever.
          Hence, any political change in China, i.e. a U-turn from communism to capitalism will unite these countries.
          Differences in political ideology and freedom seperated these nations in the first place.

Comment

depends on when or if Taiwan decides to declare for formal independence.

Comment

Taiwan issue is only a small episode in Chinese development. MOst of CHinese don't like the bloody war against Taiwan unless Taiwan declares the formal indeependence.

China is good in playing longtime strategy. The longer mainland Chinese wait, the weaker the Taiwan Independence movement will be. This trend can be observed since 2000 when Chen SB won his first term.

Politically, Taiwan gov is more corrupted, less efficent then ever. Pro-reunion power is much stronger than before. KMT (nationalist party) leader and People-first party leaders visited mainland recently, this is the first time for the almost 60 years after KMT fled to Taiwan after the civil war.

Comparing the fast ecnomicl development in Mainland, Taiwan is losing almost from every respect. The boss of Chimei, who was a biggest suppoter of Taiwan Independence (who was educated in Japan and even ccannot speak fluent CHinese) published his political ads in Taiwan and told people TI was a mission impposible because Taiwan's economy (including his company) completely depends on Mainland. Across-strait trade (almost one-way trade) is more than 1/3 of the trade Taiwan has with other regions and still moving fast even Mainland has a big trade deficit, let alone considering Hongkong. Because of the isolation-against mainland policy, Taiwan is losing its international transportation hub status.

600 thousand (some say 1 million) people from Taiwan moved to Shanghai and are living in there. More are living in Guangdong (canton). More and more students are studying in universities in the mainland even Taiwan gov is strongly object to that. (Considering Taiwa's population is only 23 million)

From the military view, Mainland is moving ahead so quickly. Frankly, those mainland weapons are not for Taiwan, they are for the future enemy. Taiwan issue can only be a very good excuse for developing military power. Due to the economical issue in Taiwan, it will lose in the cross-strait military race.

Chinese has been in the split-reunion circle in history consistantly, each time china was reunited, china could be only stronger and larger.
              Last edited by oneman28; 26 Sep 05,, 01:33.

Comment

The past weekend, Pro- Taiwan-Independence people called on a street march for the support of buying weapons from US. But few participated.

Taiwan-Independence is not a powerful political slogan in Taiwan now. The trend is very obvious recently. They know:
                1. Taiwan-Independence is not possible
                2. They don't want to be a rifle used by US to point against mainland, China
                3. The weapons cannot win the war if there is one.
                4. Bloodhood still exists across the strait.
                5. Economy is the highest priority for both sides.

The most important is that more and more people in Taiwan understand that Taiwan Independence can only hurt themselves.

The fact is:
                The national flag used in Taiwan is still from mainland.
                The constitute used in Taiwan came mostly from Mainland.
                The Taiwan-independence is still illegal by the constitute in Taiwan. Taiwan is a prt of China by the law.
                The national anthem used in Taiwan came from mainland.
                Sun Yat-sen is considered as the father of the nation by the people and politicians in both mainland and Taiwan.
                More and more people from Taiwan are moving to, working in, studying in or visting mainland.
                More and more companies from Taiwan have to go to mainland to make money. For many of them, their biz in mainland is much larger than they have in Taiwan. They research, design, produce and sell their products in mainland.

DDP party who is ruling party in Taiwan does not know how to govern the island, does not know how to develop the economy, does not know how to lead the military even after almost 6 years in power. Chen SB (The charman of DDP) is a lame-duck now. More and more Taiwan people know he is a political liar, he won the second term by two bullets, and he has no ability to lead the island. The fighting inside the DDP party even happens.

DDP used to be ally of the CCP when Nationalist party was in power. Chen SB himself has a lot of connection with CCP too. I don't know how can US trust him. Most of the weapons sold to Taiwan were almost obsolete. US knows both sides of the straits are Chinese, and will be likey united some day. How can US sell the most advaced weapon to Taiwan? US only needs to make money.
                Last edited by oneman28; 26 Sep 05,, 03:25.

Comment

NEVER

As long Uncle Sam stays in power !!!

Comment

when they declare independence in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                      when they declare independence in my opinion.
                      If...

Comment

Working...
                      X