The Indian ARMY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Indian ARMY

hI ALL wrote this article about the Indian ARMY coz I think India needs to give its soldiers their due before we as a nation degrade one of the finest institutions in the country . Would love to hear everyones views .
    Gurpreet
    Attached Files

I don't think that much of what you have written are actually the facts on the ground.

Manekshaw never ever thought of a coup against Mrs Gandhi. Please read what he writes. In fact, he overreaches himself in praising Mrs Gandhi.

It is correct to soem extent that the "material" that is joining the Army is not the same as before. The reasons could be that life is much harder and combat is all prevasive. The day you join you are in counter insurgency and that is no fun!

Look at the best paid, best fed and best comfort ARmy int he world - the US Army. They require green card soldiers!

We all want glory for our country (just see our cyber warriors on this forum).But, we also want the safe and airconditioned havens of our homes or fancy high paid jobs in civil.

One cannot look at the Army career in such asimplistic black and white environment.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Ray
      I don't think that much of what you have written are actually the facts on the ground.

Manekshaw never ever thought of a coup against Mrs Gandhi. Please read what he writes. In fact, he overreaches himself in praising Mrs Gandhi.

It is correct to soem extent that the "material" that is joining the Army is not the same as before. The reasons could be that life is much harder and combat is all prevasive. The day you join you are in counter insurgency and that is no fun!

Look at the best paid, best fed and best comfort ARmy int he world - the US Army. They require green card soldiers!

We all want glory for our country (just see our cyber warriors on this forum).But, we also want the safe and airconditioned havens of our homes or fancy high paid jobs in civil.

One cannot look at the Army career in such asimplistic black and white environment.
      u r right Sir and thats what i wrote that Manekshaw was never planning a coup it was suspected by the government that he was

Comment

Hey they (won't mention the punks) think I am organising a coup at WAB!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Gurpreet,
          The quality of officers has not reduced (only the quantity has), although the perception exists. The Allahabad SSB is still known as the rejection centre. When I had gone for my SSB, 5 batches before me had been wash-outs (no one was selected). My batch was the last one and only 3 of us were selected. The yesteryears too had their share of bad quality officers, the type who should have been shot at birth.
          Two reasons for lack of candidates:-
          - Reduction in the protocol of seniority, thereby reducing powers and authority of army officers.
          - The poor pay packets. The elimination of the 2nd Lt ranks was done only to raise the starting pay of officers to Rs.8000+ (i.e of Lts). This was a foolish decision. The 5th pay commission started the rot by giving the civil services (since the commision was headed by them) a higher pay packet than the armed forces. To make matters worse the then COAS behaved like a "good boy".

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            Hey they (won't mention the punks) think I am organising a coup at WAB!
            Sir,

Do you need an OpsO? I think I can recruit M21 for recee. Bluesman got the spook angle covered. And we have the two Captains for muscle.

Comment

Sir,

An odd job or two for this civillian puke ?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                Sir,

Do you need an OpsO? I think I can recruit M21 for recee. Bluesman got the spook angle covered. And we have the two Captains for muscle.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                  Sir,

*cough cough* Make that two civilian pukes....
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra
                    Sir,

Logistics and supplies for you, and pay and accounts. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Lemontree,

But if he acts like the CDA, we will lose half our pay and pension!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

You can count on me , Sir.
                        I'm not that inefficient.
                        You will get your full pay.
                        Or you will get no pay!

Nothing in between.
                        Last edited by Samudra; 08 Sep 05,, 17:12.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling you're a student of Enron?

Comment

If you want the revolution to be televised you can count me in.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              Lemontree,

But if he acts like the CDA, we will lose half our pay and pension!
                              Come sir, CDA is far better than if soldiers handled it. As long as they are not IAS its OK. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X