Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Newsreader attacks womankind

Buerk attacks women broadcasters
    Newsreader Michael Buerk has said "almost all the big jobs in broadcasting are held by women" who "decide what we see and hear".

The former Nine O'Clock News presenter told the Radio Times: "Life is lived in accordance with women's rules" and men are now merely "sperm donors".

Buerk added that the "shift in the balance of power between the sexes" had gone too far.

"The result is men are becoming more like women," he said.

He cited Tim Henman and David Beckham as examples.

Most women aren't going to want an unemployable sperm donor loafing around and making the house look untidy
    Michael Buerk

His views are to be screened in a new channel Five series Don't Get Me Started! which gives some of the UK's leading opinion-formers a chance to sound off on the issues they feel most strongly about.

He said while making the programme he "came across what I considered a very personal example of the changes that have taken place".

"Almost all the big jobs in broadcasting were held by women - the controllers of BBC One television and Radio 4 for example. These are the people who decide what we see and hear", he said.

Former BBC One controller Lorraine Heggessey has left the BBC, and has been replaced by a man, Peter Fincham, while Mark Damazer is now the BBC Radio 4 controller, replacing Helen Boaden who is now head of BBC News.

The BBC declined to comment on Buerk's assertions.

Male traits

Buerk added that it was time for society to admit there was a problem.

"Look at the changes in the workplace. There is no manufacturing industry any more; there are no mines; few vital jobs require physical strength," he added.

"What we have now are lots of jobs that require people skills and multi-tasking - which women are a lot better at."

'Happy medium'

While Buerk admitted a lot of the changes were for the better, he questioned whether things had gone too far.

"Products are made for women, cars are made for women - because they control what is being bought," he said.

"Some people might argue that this is a case of the pendulum swinging over the woman's side for a change, and eventually it will find a happy medium."

He added he felt men were being given a lesser role in society.

"All they are is sperm donors, and most women aren't going to want an unemployable sperm donor loafing around and making the house look untidy."

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...io/4155228.stm

Originally posted by Aryan
    Most women aren't going to want an unemployable sperm donor loafing around and making the house look untidy
    Michael Buerk
    Wow, what an unreasonable demand...
    These women are just out of control. They need to be put back in their place.
    I feel the urge to shoulder my Neanderthal war club, grab my woman by her hair and drag her back to the cave....

Originally posted by Aryan
    "Products are made for women, cars are made for women - because they control what is being bought," he said.
    No shyt Sherlock. That's because if Mama ain't happy, then ain't nobody happy"

As for the role of men being reduced to "sperm donor", well I have no problem with that as long I can make my donations personally ;)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Women make the rules nowadays because well, most men are pusssies.

Comment

While Buerk admitted a lot of the changes were for the better, he questioned whether things had gone too far
        I couldn't agree with him more. While I currently like having my independence from men, and am able to take care of most things on my own, I think that it would also be nice to have a little bit of chivalry...both at home and in the workplace. Fortunately, I work with a lot gentlemen and there is never a lack of doors being opened, while at the same time, women are encouraged to move up the ladder. ( Probably so the men can look up our dresses :) )

These women are just out of control. They need to be put back in their place. I feel the urge to shoulder my Neanderthal war club, grab my woman by her hair and drag her back to the cave....
        I know you are referring to another woman - must be one of those Floridians you got down there on reserve.

Most women aren't going to want an unemployable sperm donor loafing around and making the house look untidy...

...Some people might argue that this is a case of the pendulum swinging over the woman's side for a change
        Why would he just be sitting around the house? If the pendulum is swinging, shouldn't he be taking care of the kids, doing laundry, making breakfast, washing the dishes, grocery shopping, making lunch, letting out the dog, letting in the cat, going to a PTA meeting, taking the boys to soccer, taking the girls to girl scouts, helping with a science project, making dinner, giving the kids a bath and putting them to bed?
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Hmm lets see. At the moment our (NZ) Prime Minister is a woman, as is our Attorney General, Speaker Of The House, Governor General, Monarch, Chief High Court Justice and CEO of our two largest corporations (one of whom is incidentally the highest salary earner).
          The reason for this is very simple.
          If we leave the women to do all the work, we can spend more time at the pub and watching sport.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
          X