Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again.

Another poser alert!

I was driving on patrol this week and saw a pickup truck with the personalized tag "VN2CMH". To me this implies a Medal of Honor recipient for Vietnam, so I ran the tag. This person lives in middle Tennessee and after checking several websites, I found there have been no recipients of the Medal of Honor with that last name for Vietnam. Due to his birthday, it could only have been VN or later (and his name isn't Shugart, Gordon, or Smith). Any suggestions? I haven't spoken to him and I don't know if he is actually claiming to be a recipient, but to me the vanity tag implies it. Anyone agree or disagree with my interpretation?

The few Medal of Honor recipients I have had the privilege of meeting didn't buy CMH vanity tags...
    Rule 303

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
    Another poser alert!

I was driving on patrol this week and saw a pickup truck with the personalized tag "VN2CMH". To me this implies a Medal of Honor recipient for Vietnam, so I ran the tag. This person lives in middle Tennessee and after checking several websites, I found there have been no recipients of the Medal of Honor with that last name for Vietnam. Due to his birthday, it could only have been VN or later (and his name isn't Shugart, Gordon, or Smith). Any suggestions? I haven't spoken to him and I don't know if he is actually claiming to be a recipient, but to me the vanity tag implies it. Anyone agree or disagree with my interpretation?

The few Medal of Honor recipients I have had the privilege of meeting didn't buy CMH vanity tags...
    Sounds like a poser, but it could just be a freak occurance where he served 2 tours in Vietnam and his initials are CHM. Doubt it though. It could also have been a relative that he is proud of. I didn't realize it until a while through my command, but one of my PL's dad was a CMH awardee (post-humous) from Vietnam and due to his mother not being married, he had a different last name. So, if and when you do confront him, ease into crushing him in case there is a legit reason.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
    X