Im thrilled beyond words and scaared to bits at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im thrilled beyond words and scaared to bits at the same time

Against my better judgement the wife and I have taken the plunge into parenthood.

After a few nervous days In the NICU I just held my son for the first time today.
    For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Congratulations mate. The start of the biggest & most important of life's journeys.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Never forget the immortal Arthur C. Carlson's words about child raising.....................

..................................."Insure everything and hope for the best."...............

Comment

Do's n donts , dont let him have a motorbike until he passes the test , do give him all your worldly experience when old enough in the pursuit of pussy and how best to avoid paying for the rest of his life for it ,,,,,,just like the rest of us , and keep him on the right road .

You and he should be in for the best part of your lives , fishing / hunting / watching big games / boozing ? / and generally being best friends ,if he wants the forces later on , tanks are to be avoided , a trade is the way , mechanic , n god forbid , an engineer cherish your Son , both you n mum , forever .;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us3dQ0nnlHY

Comment

*** Sitting back and laughing my head off at the misery about to come ... and missing those moments big time ***

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            *** Sitting back and laughing my head off at the misery about to come ... and missing those moments big time ***
            We need a triple lick button....

Bolo, your worst days going forward will now be better than your best days in the past.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

You will now discover that everything you were sure that you knew before no longer applies.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I can be a proper dad for him.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Many congratulations to you and your wife!

If you're in South India, make sure you keep your son away from toys like Teddy bear, which accumulates a lot of dust, and is the main cause of Asthma in newborns.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Just have a good washing machine. This will be one of the hardest lessons for parents. Children need to get sick. That's how they build immunity but the heavens know that it never seems to end.

Oh, about being a proper dad? Take a load off your mind. You won't be. You will be happy to just survive the experience ... and then marvel just how well you've done despite the angst.
                    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 03 Apr 14,, 16:10.

Comment

Many Congratulations to you both. Don't worry too much...your time to relax will come in about 20/25 years. If you are lucky. No matter the future you will always remember this day. :danc:

Comment

Congratulations, mate. May he live long and prosperous life.

That said, yours just got postponed for at least 20 years, hope you will like it.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Fantastic. Everybody tells you what a responsibility it is, which it is. Everyone tells you how exhausting it is, which it is.
                          Practically no one tells you how much fun it is, and it is.
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Why should we tell him that? We want to scare the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              Fantastic. Everybody tells you what a responsibility it is, which it is. Everyone tells you how exhausting it is, which it is.
                              Practically no one tells you how much fun it is, and it is.
                              Party-breaker.

You are a bit late and he is so busy to read this anyway.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                              X