Now officially a historian.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now officially a historian.

My degree is final- MS in History with an Honors minor from the University of Central Arkansas. I enter the masters program there this fall with a major focus of American history with a non-western minor focus.

Way to go Guv.

Comment

Congrats Z and well done :Dancing-Banana:
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Speaking as one who has tread that path.....congrats!

Now do you want fries with that?
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
          My degree is final- MS in History with an Honors minor from the University of Central Arkansas. I enter the masters program there this fall with a major focus of American history with a non-western minor focus.
          Congrats, being accepted in a masters program is an honor in and of itself. I'm very proud of you. I am confident you'll graduate at the top of your class, you've got what it takes. I'd love to be doing this with you - history is one of my favorite subjects.

Professor Z, it even sounds good
          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 09 May 13,, 00:28.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            Speaking as one who has tread that path.....congrats!

Now do you want fries with that?
            Sure are a lot of history majors on the lower socio-economic rungs of society... Hence the specialty in American history and a masters program to try and tap into the one part of the history profession that is hiring- community colleges and adjunct proffessorships to teach American Nation/History 1 and 2. Non-western minor focus will be on Africa and Latin America to prepare me to be able to teach minority students at colleges in areas that are harder to recruit professors for like the Mississippi Delta region.

Comment

Congratulations, zraver.

One of my favorite grad schools tricks was to take interlocking courses at the same time -- for me, Chinese history, economics and politics. The advantage was that the required reading lists over-lapped, and the optional reading was usually required for another class.

Left plenty of time to earn some money to pay the bills.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

You? Jason? A Professor? Your students are going to hate you. And will forever thank you for forcing them to think.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats, Z.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Z. You know you have an unfair advantage over the rest of your classmates There are Wabbers you converse with regularly here that LIVED through the history you are studying.

Nice accomplishment however. Now for the fun part. Never rest on your laurels....keep pushing, keep learning.
                      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        Welcome to the club Z. Hope you make a better fist of your postgrad stuff than I did. Enjoy the ride.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Good on ya, mate!
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Well done Z well done indeed.:)

Comment

Big congrats on the academic milestone Z!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X