Sermon #1 - From the speeches of Federico Garcia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sermon #1 - From the speeches of Federico Garcia

" My friends, we are gathered here today to deal with a problem, in this case the problem is comunication.
    I ask you, how many lives have been lost due to misunderstandings in comunication? How many wars have been started? How many families shattered? Throughout history we have always "talked" to one another, expressing ideas, feelings, and logics. Yet, every once in a while comes a time when we do not understand what the other is saying, when we do not comprehend his actions and words, and therefore mistake them for hostility. We then retaliate with hostility of our own, as the saying goes "an eye for an eye", and wrongfully destroy that person, simply because we did not understand him.
    It is practically impossible to understand and learn every single language, or every single action. There will always be a time when we will not understand each other, as we do know. We are strangers within our own race, and starngers within our families and friends. Why do we attack when we do not understand? is it because we don't like risks? Or maybe because it's human nature? If it is human nature, we must rise above what i set as a limit for us, above what our ancestors have done and above what is expected of us. If we follow the wrong examples of our past fathers, how will we ever expand from their shadow?
    We have to trust each other to know each other. If we didn't trust one another, how would the world live? How would failies connect? How would countries remain allies? Communication is a path towards doign better in our lives, and a guide towards knowing your friends and family. Sometimes you just have to the advice you heart tells you, and not to the logic your mind explains. If we always followed our mind's advice, we would be souless, machines, living for the sake of nothing. Don't you have someone in your life that meand more than anything to you? Everyone does, so talk to that person, and then let him or her talk as well. Every great quest starts with one small step."

THis guy recently came to the college, i got a copy of his manuscript, and i thought i share some of his sermons with you.

BTW: Thank God it's finally summertime! :)
    Remember, the enemy gate is down- Andrew šEnderš Wiggin
Working...
X