Soviet army vismod (OPFOR) ID them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soviet army vismod (OPFOR) ID them all

Here is little fun-and-game for all ya WABer out there.
    To start:
    BMP-1 chassis vismod as M-1
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

T-34 as leopard 1
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

T-62 as leopard 1
      Attached Files

Comment

There are more, have fun ID-ing
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
          There are more, have fun ID-ing
          First one looks like a Leopard 2, second one looks like a bad imitation of an M-60, and the third one looks like the (defunct) MBT-70 project from the '70's; no idea what the last one is supposed to look like.
          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

1. T-10 vismod as Leo I
            2. IS-2 vismod as M60
            3. (not locked in on base model), vismod as jagdpanzer kanone
            4. BRDM-1 vismod as m114

Comment

Thanks Z, I knew you won't disappoint.
              Attached Files

Comment

1. can't see the tracks to ID but front hull indicates either T-44, T-54/55 or 62 as Chieftan
                2. Su-85 as Jagdpanzer kanone
                3. T-10 as M48
                4.IS-2 as m60
                5. No idea, thought it was a BMD-1 but too many return rollers and 1 too many sets of roadwheels, possible KV series as m60a1

Comment

1. Indeed, it is T-54
                  Attached Files

Comment

SU-76 as a "Sherman"
                    Attached Files

Comment

5. No idea, thought it was a BMD-1 but too many return rollers and 1 too many sets of roadwheels, possible KV series as m60a1

I think it is a KV2.
                      Attached Files

Comment

SU-76 as a "Sherman"
                        I suppose over there Shermans were harder to come by? That's one tank I'd think would be easy enough to find, so vismod wouldn't be necessary. What about all the lend lease shermans? Did they melt them down?
                        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I think it is a KV2.
                          Angle and gap between the idler wheel and the first set of road wheels is too steep and the gap to great to be a KV.
                          Last edited by xinhui; 07 Jan 13,, 02:19.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                            I suppose over there Shermans were harder to come by? That's one tank I'd think would be easy enough to find, so vismod wouldn't be necessary. What about all the lend lease shermans? Did they melt them down?
                            lend lease? what lend lease :red::red: Can't recall reading any lend lease in Soviet history books.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Angle and gap between the idler wheel and the first set of road wheels is too steep and the gap to great to be a KV.
                              You were right.. this is a tough one.

Comment

Working...
                              X