Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears, Beavers and Macho Men

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
    There are far worse things in Canada than bears and skunks and when Officer of Engineers awakes from his slumber he will give you her name :) Stay with it it will all become clear in the near future.

Her name? Is she one of those women which whom will give me an annoying itch if I don't wear proper protection? :)

Ebola Reply

Her name? Is she one of those women which whom will give me an annoying itch if I don't wear proper protection?:)"

Best let sleeping dogs lie. She is that whom shall not be named.

And, yeah...she'll itch.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Curious as to what you mean by this ?

Welcome btw.
      Never pick up a hairy black and white 'bag'

Comment

Curious as to what you mean by this ?

Welcome btw.
        Thanks, if you are in Canada and in the US where they have bears; you must have bear proof garbage containers. If you don't, you will find the garbage spread all over the yard.

Comment

haha, where i am its the stray dogs that do that.

I heard they have this rule in Alaska, you cannot trap a bear but you can shoot it.

is it the same in Canada ?

Comment

haha, where i am its the stray dogs that do that.

I heard they have this rule in Alaska, you cannot trap a bear but you can shoot it.

is it the same in Canada ?
            I'm not a hunter, they have a bear hunt, but I think they can kill it if the bear is threaten you in any way. We have only black bears here and if they are approaching we try to scare them off. How they are dealing with Grizzles and the Polar bears where they have them, I don't know, but I will ask

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
              Never pick up a hairy black and white 'bag'
              That brings back an old memory: my friend and I had snuck out late at night, we must have been around 14 or 15, and we cut across a undeveloped tract of land to get downtown (we used to get served at a dark and smokey local bar when it was late, even though we were pretty young - both of us were tall, and my friend already shaved). In the middle of a vacant field, I almost stepped on one of thos hairy black and white bags. He squirted his "fragrence" but somehow it missed both of us. We were very lucky kids, I can't imagine explaining to parents how one could "go to bed" and wake up having been skunked...
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Ebola View Post
                I'm not a hunter, they have a bear hunt, but I think they can kill it if the bear is threaten you in any way. We have only black bears here and if they are approaching we try to scare them off.
                Most black bears are the size of big dogs and they rather run away than to work at eating and if they do decide to stay, they're too damned lazy to chase you down.

How they are dealing with Grizzles and the Polar bears where they have them, I don't know, but I will ask
                The 5.56 that we were issued with would just pissed them off. We surround ourselves with dogs. That way, while they're eating the dogs, we run away.

Comment

I have seen others having their nicks colored blue and they are?
                  Two categories. Those who work/worked in the defence industries and those who wore the uniform.

Comment

Her name? Is she one of those women which whom will give me an annoying itch if I don't wear proper protection? :)
                    Old Yellar will inform you ... and you wish you did not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Most black bears are the size of big dogs and they rather run away than to work at eating and if they do decide to stay, they're too damned lazy to chase you down.

The 5.56 that we were issued with would just pissed them off. We surround ourselves with dogs. That way, while they're eating the dogs, we run away.
                      Ohh yes, the 5.56. I was in the Swedish army, the infantry. I was drafted as all males in Sweden during the Cold War. When I was there the Swedish army was issued the Swedish version of the German G3, with the 7.62x51, a few years later it was replaced by the Swedish version of the FNC. I was after my service volunteering in what can be the National Guard and during that time, I test fired the FNC, I was not impressed. I'm curious about the 6.8 and the 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

Ohh yes, the 5.56. I was in the Swedish army, the infantry. I was drafted as all males in Sweden during the Cold War. When I was there the Swedish army was issued the Swedish version of the German G3, with the 7.62x51, a few years later it was replaced by the Swedish version of the FNC. I was after my service volunteering in what can be the National Guard and during that time, I test fired the FNC, I was not impressed. I'm curious about the 6.8 and the 6.5 Grendel.
                        The 7.62NATO is what I consider the minimum needed to take on a brown or a polar. There is no replacement for powder no matter what the terminal ballistics say about the 6.8 and 6.5Grendel. You're perfectly welcome to try ... I will just run away while the bear is busy munching on you.

Comment

..... We surround ourselves with dogs. That way, while they're eating the dogs, we run away.
                          Poor dogs. Sir, you should have allowed them to hear those CDs of the "woman who sings in Vages". It would have made them fierce.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                            Poor dogs. Sir, you should have allowed them to hear those CDs of the "woman who sings in Vages". It would have made them fierce.
                            They're more likely to jump into the bear's mouth to stop the suffering.

Comment

They're more likely to jump into the bear's mouth to stop the suffering.
                              ...LOL

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X