Mitt Romney and the character question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitt Romney and the character question

I find it odd Obama's publicist gives him a false bio and it is a question of Obama's charactor.

meanwhile Mitt Romney claims he cut spending in MA(it grew 5 percent a yr) and has stated he saved GM and talks about the need to address the deficit while promising to slash high end tax rates 25 percent....
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
    I find it odd Obama's publicist gives him a false bio and it is a question of Obama's charactor.

meanwhile Mitt Romney claims he cut spending in MA(it grew 5 percent a yr) and has stated he saved GM and talks about the need to address the deficit while promising to slash high end tax rates 25 percent....
    What did he say about GM?

And maybe he wants to cut deficits by reducing spending AND taxes. Such ideas are not mutually exclusive.

-dale

Comment

Don't see the connection RR. Mitt is making the standard election year claims people make. That doesn't reflect on his character, just his profession.

The obsession some people have with drawing sweeping conclusions from the irrelevant minutae (real & fictitious) of politician's pasts does, however, reflect on their character.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Mitt Romney’s claim of credit for the auto industry turnaround - The Washington Post There you go dale

BF I thionk when a Politican tells out and out lies like claims on saving an industry or a claim he cut spending when in fact it grew 5 percent a year are a bit more telling on charactor than what a publicist released
        PolitiFact | Mitt Romney said he "actually cut" spending as Massachusetts governor I think it's ironic he grew goverment at the rate of GWB or there abouts and calls that a cut. Romney's new tax cuts are a deficit nightmare - CSMonitor.com Dale we can't even get to where we need to be without damn near gutting goverment now. Add 3 trillion more to cut and you will be able to drown the dept of defense in that bathtub and we can say goodbye to Veteran's benefits, social security and medicaid as well....I don't think it's realistic. I understand you would be ok with it butyou have to know the vast majority still are in fantasy land about the cuts we ahve to make now without tax increases let alone after more cuts
        ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Rosey - I'm glad you came back.
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Hmm. A bit clumsy, but I don't see it as predacious in the way that Obama's character issues are.

BF I thionk when a Politican tells out and out lies like claims on saving an industry or a claim he cut spending when in fact it grew 5 percent a year are a bit more telling on charactor than what a publicist released
            PolitiFact | Mitt Romney said he "actually cut" spending as Massachusetts governor I think it's ironic he grew goverment at the rate of GWB or there abouts and calls that a cut. Romney's new tax cuts are a deficit nightmare - CSMonitor.com Dale we can't even get to where we need to be without damn near gutting goverment now. Add 3 trillion more to cut and you will be able to drown the dept of defense in that bathtub and we can say goodbye to Veteran's benefits, social security and medicaid as well....I don't think it's realistic. I understand you would be ok with it butyou have to know the vast majority still are in fantasy land about the cuts we ahve to make now without tax increases let alone after more cuts
            Hard to decipher all that but I take away two main things: Romney's "cut" comments and some stuff about not being able to handle the Federal deficit with cuts alone. The latter is about policy, not character, and the former is fairly accurate, with the most significant spending reductions coming during the first part of his tenure as governor.

So, character-wise, I'll take Romney over your whiny little boy king Obama any day of the week. Absolutely no contest.

-dale

Comment

Romney wanted GM and Chrysler to go through a normal bankruptcy process. This is all well and good except for the fact that they were so massive and so damaged that no bank was willing to lend them money. The government was the only entity that had the ability or inclination to guaranty loans for them.

Like it or not, it was the right thing to do. If not, both companies would have gone under, taking a good many of their suppliers, and probably Ford, which was on tenuous ground at the time, with them.

For Romney to make claims that he in any stretch saved the auto industries is ridiculous. I was completely shoced to hear him make statements of that nature on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                Hmm. A bit clumsy, but I don't see it as predacious in the way that Obama's character issues are.

Hard to decipher all that but I take away two main things: Romney's "cut" comments and some stuff about not being able to handle the Federal deficit with cuts alone. The latter is about policy, not character, and the former is fairly accurate, with the most significant spending reductions coming during the first part of his tenure as governor.

So, character-wise, I'll take Romney over your whiny little boy king Obama any day of the week. Absolutely no contest.

-dale
                How does groth of near 5 percent mean cutting goverment? It's a straight up lie as is his claim on the auto industry. Who was going to finance that bankruptcy the Newt's mytical meteor miners? There was no capital. The outcome in Romney's plan was the end of the big three and massive layoffs at the rest because of supply chain interruptions and that is accoridng to Toyaota on the supply chain driven layoffs. Let's look at what would of happened under Romney/ republican moves to tighten the money supply in 2010 because of the massive inflation threat they saw.....the truth was we were on the verge of a deflationary event and between restricting the money supply and the massive surge in unemployment there auto industry stance would of created you can go right on calling him Whiney obama and I and the rest of America will continue to be grateful we never got Romney as a verb for the destruction of an economy through idiocy.

If you'd like I can pull up the charts but really....can you say we needed tight money and to shutter GM and have Toyota in America sustain huge layoffs from the supply chain interruptions as a path to prosperity?????? Would massive layoffs on public employees which the stimulus postponed a yr really of been in our best interest in 2009????

it's important not just to look at Obama's record but the actual outcomes if we had followed the course the opposition demanded in 2009 and 2010. Things aren't great but christ the opposition plan was for 1932 redux
                ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Mitt Romney declining to disclose names of campaign bundlers

taxes top secret....bundlers top secret.... His top donors look like a list of serial world wide wealth destroyers
                  Goldman Sachs

$573,080

Bank of America

$398,850

JPMorgan Chase & Co

$393,825

Morgan Stanley

$373,850

Credit Suisse Group

$317,410

Citigroup Inc

$301,550

Kirkland & Ellis

$248,052

Barclays

$228,400

PricewaterhouseCoopers

$214,250

Wells Fargo

$204,300

HIG Capital

$191,000

UBS AG

$190,500

Blackstone Group

$182,550

Bain Capital

$149,000

Marriott International

$132,827

EMC Corp

$129,200

Citadel Investment Group

$127,125

Elliott Management

$125,975

Deloitte LLP

$124,250

Bain & Co

$123,050
                  yeah, wealth destroyers after all if you are going to credit t hem with wealth creation when their idiotic over extension causes a worldwide crisis I think it's fair to credit them with the destruction of 14 trillion in american families wealth. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...dgsxzZg_k02EHQ And they got a bonus the next year because God forbid we attach conditions to all that money the previous white house procurred for them.
                  ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Mitt Romney declining to disclose names of campaign bundlers

taxes top secret....bundlers top secret.... His top donors look like a list of serial world wide wealth destroyers
                    Goldman Sachs

$573,080

Bank of America

$398,850

JPMorgan Chase & Co

$393,825

Morgan Stanley

$373,850

Credit Suisse Group

$317,410

Citigroup Inc

$301,550

Kirkland & Ellis

$248,052

Barclays

$228,400

PricewaterhouseCoopers

$214,250

Wells Fargo

$204,300

HIG Capital

$191,000

UBS AG

$190,500

Blackstone Group

$182,550

Bain Capital

$149,000

Marriott International

$132,827

EMC Corp

$129,200

Citadel Investment Group

$127,125

Elliott Management

$125,975

Deloitte LLP

$124,250

Bain & Co

$123,050
                    yeah, wealth destroyers after all if you are going to credit t hem with wealth creation when their idiotic over extension causes a worldwide crisis I think it's fair to credit them with the destruction of 14 trillion in american families wealth. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...dgsxzZg_k02EHQ And they got a bonus the next year because God forbid we attach conditions to all that money the previous white house procurred for them.
                    Wow, he's not doing very well is he?

compare his list to Obamas circa 2008

University of California $1,648,685
                    Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
                    Harvard University $878,164
                    Microsoft Corp $852,167
                    Google Inc $814,540
                    JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
                    Citigroup Inc $736,771
                    Time Warner $624,618
                    Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
                    Stanford University $595,716
                    National Amusements Inc $563,798
                    WilmerHale LLP $550,668
                    Columbia University $547,852
                    Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
                    UBS AG $532,674
                    IBM Corp $532,372
                    General Electric $529,855
                    US Government $513,308
                    Morgan Stanley $512,232
                    Latham & Watkins $503,295

Obama creams him from the 'wealth destroyers' and no doubt does this time as well.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

and sure enough, in this campaign thus far Obama has raised twice as much
                      Banking on Becoming President | OpenSecrets

I wonder if all those wealth destroyers will be able to buy him another election.

Leibniz

Comment

and Obamas top bundlers by industry.
                        Great site this one :)

Leibniz

Comment

Anyway, Obama creamed everyone else in fundraising from wealth destroyers last election and looks to increase his lead this time. Guess it's payoff time for all his favours to them this term.

Leibniz

Comment

This is fun Roosie :)

Leibniz

Comment

How does groth of near 5 percent mean cutting goverment? It's a straight up lie as is his claim on the auto industry. Who was going to finance that bankruptcy the Newt's mytical meteor miners? There was no capital. The outcome in Romney's plan was the end of the big three and massive layoffs at the rest because of supply chain interruptions and that is accoridng to Toyaota on the supply chain driven layoffs. Let's look at what would of happened under Romney/ republican moves to tighten the money supply in 2010 because of the massive inflation threat they saw.....the truth was we were on the verge of a deflationary event and between restricting the money supply and the massive surge in unemployment there auto industry stance would of created you can go right on calling him Whiney obama and I and the rest of America will continue to be grateful we never got Romney as a verb for the destruction of an economy through idiocy.

If you'd like I can pull up the charts but really....can you say we needed tight money and to shutter GM and have Toyota in America sustain huge layoffs from the supply chain interruptions as a path to prosperity?????? Would massive layoffs on public employees which the stimulus postponed a yr really of been in our best interest in 2009????

it's important not just to look at Obama's record but the actual outcomes if we had followed the course the opposition demanded in 2009 and 2010. Things aren't great but christ the opposition plan was for 1932 redux
                              I agree that it's important to you to not look at Obama's record. Go ahead, vote for him and be proud of supporting a guy who doesn't really like America or Americans very much. Maybe in his second four years he can expand government and its expense enough to make you happy.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X