Police: Cashier beats unruly customers during argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police: Cashier beats unruly customers during argument

They had it coming - guy should get a medal... you don't get it your way at Mickie-Ds

Acting up (with camera nearby) and it backfired badly...

Police: Cashier beats unruly customers during argument
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 11:14 AM EST, Sat October 15, 2011
    Police: Cashier beats unruly customers during argument - CNN.com

Affiliate: The women argue with the cashier over a $50 bill
    A video shows a woman slap the cashier, then climb over the counter
    The cashier repeatedly swings at the women with a metal object
    Police charge both the cashier and the women

Read more about this story from CNN affiliates WCBS and WABC.

New York (CNN) -- A cashier at a New York fast food restaurant has been charged with felony assault for beating two unruly customers with a metal object during an argument.

The women remain hospitalized in serious condition, police said.

The incident occurred at a McDonald's on West 3rd Street about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The two 24-year-old women entered the store, placed their order and then began arguing with the cashier, 31-year-old Rayon McIntosh, police said.

CNN affiliate WCBS said the altercation began when the cashier questioned a $50 bill the women gave him. They responded by hurling obscenities at him.

A cell phone video shows how the situation quickly escalated.

One of the women curses at the cashier, then reaches over and slaps his face.

The woman then climbs over the counter, sending the cashier running toward the kitchen area. The other woman walks around to join her friend.

The cashier then suddenly reappears with what police described as a metal object and repeatedly hits the women.

Restaurant patrons scream for him to stop, while other employees try to intervene.

The video, one minute and 10 seconds long, shows the cashier hitting the women 10 times as they lay on the floor.

"Stop! Stop!" one woman screams. "Stop it! Call the cops!"

The cashier would pause and begin again every time the women tried to get up.

The two women suffered lacerations to their head and face and were taken to a hospital, police said. CNN affiliates said one had a fractured skull and a broken arm; the other had a deep laceration

Authorities identified them as Denise Darbeau and Rachael Edwards, and charged them with menacing, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.

The franchise owner Carmen Paulino told CNN affiliate WABC that the cashier no longer works at the restaurant.

"I am extremely disturbed by the events captured on tape and am concerned for those injured," Paulino said. "The actions of this individual are unacceptale and not characteristic of my employees."

McDonald's too released a statement, saying the franchisee is cooperating with the investigation.

"The violence in this video is alarming and reprehensible," it said.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Looks like that second shot to the head, where she was getting up really hurt her. I don't understand why she is still "trying to talk" and not put her hands up. She should of never of ran behind the counter, and tried to run away where the other people were behind the counter. I am also surprised nobody intervened after they were on the ground and he was hitting them.
    sigpic

Comment

Three idiots doing their thing.

Three people trying to stop them.

One person going "wtf?".

Yep, the correct ratio for New York.

Comment

Court scenario:

She slapped him then went to confront him. He was in fear she may be armed so defended himself with whatever came to hand. She refused to halt the aggression and kept trying to assault him...As the defending attorney I rest my case your honour.

Comment

Quesiton: who made the video and why?

Wasn't it convenient that someone just happened to have video running when some people that he "obviously" didn't know were making a routine purchase at a non-descript McDonald's in a city of millions?

I don't know about you but I always have my phone's video turned on and I film every single transaction at a fastfood restaurant when I sit down to eat. Who knows? Something interesting like this could happen...
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
          X