Bears saved from forced vodka drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears saved from forced vodka drinking

KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine's Environment Minister Mykola Zlochevsky vowed on Wednesday to free all bears kept in restaurants for entertainment purposes and often forced to drink alcohol, Interfax news agency reported on Wednesday.
    Captured and tamed bears were often used for entertainment in the Russian Empire, which included Ukraine, turning the animal into a national symbol.

The practice appears to have also survived Ukraine's emergence from Soviet rule, but Zlochevsky said it was inhumane and unacceptable today.

"On television, they keep showing bears suffering in restaurants and roadside hotels," Interfax quoted him as saying. "How long can we tolerate animal torture in restaurants where drunken guests make bears drink vodka for laughs?"

Zlochevsky said his ministry was building a large enclosure in a wildlife sanctuary where it would place about 80 bears it planned to liberate.
    (Writing by Olzhas Auyezov, editing by Paul Casciato)
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Don't talke about Boris Yeltsin that way...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I'll take the job. They can pour vodka down me. I think I'm hilarious when I'm plastered!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        I'll take the job. They can pour vodka down me. I think I'm hilarious when I'm plastered!
        All you need is to put another 400lbs and grow hair on all your body parts to qualify for the job ;)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          All you need is to put another 400lbs and grow hair on all your body parts to qualify for the job ;)
          How do you know that 7thsfsniper isn't 400lbs and all covered with hair already?

Comment

And who's been drinking all my voddies said baby bear , and look he;s drank it allllllll up . :whome::tankie:

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
              How do you know that 7thsfsniper isn't 400lbs and all covered with hair already?
              :slap::slap::slap:

Comment

6'2", 345lbs and my hairline is way back there. Hell, I'd be funnier (looking at least) than the bear!:Dancing-Banana:

Comment

6'2", 345lbs and my hairline is way back there. Hell, I'd be funnier (looking at least) than the bear!:Dancing-Banana:
                  Bigfoot maybe?

Comment

Prime example of how my mind works.

My first reaction was to post,

"Yeah but you just think that you're hilarious because you're plastered."

But my next reaction was to post,

"That's our snipe. He'll take anything down his throat....."

But both are inappropriate to say to a guy over 300 pounds and 6 feet tall so I won't say anything....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                      Prime example of how my mind works.

My first reaction was to post,

"Yeah but you just think that you're hilarious because you're plastered."

But my next reaction was to post,

"That's our snipe. He'll take anything down his throat....."

But both are inappropriate to say to a guy over 300 pounds and 6 feet tall so I won't say anything....
                      You do know what a danger you are to yourself, eh? ;)

Comment

No, I don't think he does...
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                          Yello also totally missed my Bigfoot statement....he's loosing it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                            And he says these things, one would think, stone cold sober.

I wonder what yellowbelly is like on vodka

Comment

Sema as orl ov uzz :tankie:

Comment

Working...
                              X