This struck me as a bit unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This struck me as a bit unbelievable

Oklahoma House sends Affirmative Action ban to voters | Tulsa World Well, she sure is unfit nto teach
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

I can't believe it either. It's a gread idea and is only now being brought to the voters?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Oh, I think we both know I was referencing her outrageous remarks.

Rep. Sally Kern, R-Oklahoma City, said minorities earn less than white people because they don’t work as hard and have less initiative.
      ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
        Oh, I think we both know I was referencing her outrageous remarks.
        I can't read your mind. The remark I saw was that she believes affirmative action has failed.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          I can't read your mind. The remark I saw was that she believes affirmative action has failed.
          We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them.”

Kern said women earn less than men because “they tend to spend more time at home with their families.”

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Oklahoma House sends Affirmative Action ban to voters | Tulsa World
          ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
            We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and that’s tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they don’t want to study as hard in school? I’ve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didn’t study hard because they said the government would take care of them.”

Kern said women earn less than men because “they tend to spend more time at home with their families.”

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Oklahoma House sends Affirmative Action ban to voters | Tulsa World
            I agree with her 120%.

Why work hard if you know someone will take care of you? That's exactly what our welfare state does. It's the soft bigotry of low expectations. Put the blacks on the roll and they'll give you their votes too. Plantation owners still exist, and they haven't even switched parties. They just sell it as "affirmative action."

Women make less because of this thing called birth. You cannot deny that women have lower productivity during child birth. I've seen it here. Women take a few months off. Who's gonna do their job? Hire a temp? Pile it onto others? Either way it's an increased cost, therefore, lower value brought to the company by women.

If women really do the same job but make less, why not fire all the men and hire only women? You can save 30% on your HR cost overnight.

Comment

I agree with her 120%.

Why work hard if you know someone will take care of you? That's exactly what our welfare state does. It's the soft bigotry of low expectations. Put the blacks on the roll and they'll give you their votes too. Plantation owners still exist, and they haven't even switched parties. They just sell it as "affirmative action."

Women make less because of this thing called birth. You cannot deny that women have lower productivity during child birth. I've seen it here. Women take a few months off. Who's gonna do their job? Hire a temp? Pile it onto others? Either way it's an increased cost, therefore, lower value brought to the company by women.

If women really do the same job but make less, why not fire all the men and hire only women? You can save 30% on your HR cost overnight.
              thanks you never fail to live up to my expectations and confirm my belief system.
              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

I wanted to do that. On the last visit to one of my job sites, the wife told me that my new electrician and front end loader operator were unacceptable.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                  I wanted to do that. On the last visit to one of my job sites, the wife told me that my new electrician and front end loader operator were unacceptable.
                  Did you tell her the 30% savings would go to her new shoe collection?

Comment

You lose the savings and then some when you marry them....Still, if you add those two to "Sam the fisherman" I have the makings of a great poker night.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Being that OK is my neck of the woods, and I have lived here for over 40 years. I have seen the once amiable and easy-to-get-along-with Okies, start to get rather fed up with the usual democrat status quo of thier state the last few years. You think AZ is being hard on illegals? OK has passed quite a few little laws in the last couple of years that has curbed the illegal immigrant population there.

They are now working on affirm action....doesn't surprise me.

Note to any OK meth cooks, you're next. OK, MO, KS and I think AR, all tired of being the meth capital of the states are now taking aim at the producers of the drug by making ephedrine available only by prescription. So don't come here with a cold unless you got a scrip. My hometown Joplin just passed a law effective this month banning all OTC sales of ANY product containing ephedrine or psuedo-ephedrine within the city limits.

When you try to be nice and give a little to someone, and then they take and take until the producers of our society can't figure out what the hell we are working so hard for, there will come a point when those producing say that's enough and it ain't gonna be pretty or polite.

If they don't like it, move to Portlandia.

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                        ...If they don't like it, move to Portlandia.
                        Oh sure....;)
                        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Comment

I think we were rated as the #3 pot-smoking city in the US.

Your tweakers will fit right in.
                            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I just noticed this

We should start a thread highlighting all his lies. It could be bigger than the song or AGW thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X