Suggestion Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion Box

Welcome to the new Suggestion Box. As the title says, here is the place where you can write your own suggestions and ideas on how to improve WAB. Is there a specific feature you always wanted? Any specific new forums or sections you would like to see? Then this is the place for you. While we cannot promise that we will grant all your wishes, we will try our best to improve WAB after your wishes.

Arty was wondering why we don't have a movie review section.

How about a sub-forum in the pub for movie reviews?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

That we might can help you with. It is currently being discussed among staff. :)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

At first, this sounds like a good idea especially since there have been some postings on the latest sci-fi massive destruction movie.

But then somebody will want to start a sub-forum for Television. This would have to be split up into several sub-sub-forums; one for Made For TV Movies, one for Series TV dramas, one for Series TV comedies, one for Series TV Science Fiction, one for Sports, one for Documentaries --- well, you know what I mean.

What category would you put Mike Rowe's "Dirty Jobs" in or "How Is It Made?".

Then there's "Top Shot" that sadly is just "Survivor" except with guns, knives, arrows, etc. "Sons of Guns" is recent and very liberal in showing you how to make a machine gun. It seems like everybody in Louisiana has a FFL to own full auto firearms and sawed-off shotguns.

Where would you put "Pawn Stars" and "American Pickers". Do they fit in with "Antique Road Show" and various "Auction" shows cropping up like weeds?

Some shows could also cause debates such as why my heart rate went dangerously high everytime Kristin Kreuk appeared on "Smallville".

Besides, there are other TV forums on the Internet but they could be bad for the show. I wrote in comments on every episode of R. Lee Ermey's new show "Lock and Load" pointing out things the producers missed and how lengthy the recaps were after each commercial break. It's no longer on anymore. Should have kept my mouth shut but I couldn't let it go by that their episode on tanks omitted an entire series of Pershing, Patton & Walker tanks between WW II and Viet Nam.

And finally, the only movies I could comment on are those on disk or tape as I don't go to movie theaters anymore. So any thoughts I would have would be too late to be of interest. As a matter of fact, theater attendance has been down for quite a while because we feel like smugglers sneaking in our own popcorn and sodas without breaking the family budget at break time in the lobby.

So, let's just keep it at movie reviews. As I said, there are lots of other Web Sites for TV shows.
        Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Very good input RB....and we will keep all of that in mind. Who knows how the sub-forum will evolve, but we shall see. :)

Comment

I wonder how a poetry and art forum would do. I have seen a little of this on WAB (and some pretty good stuff too, I especially admired Bill's "Farewell to a Soldier"), but other than the random thread, it doesn't seem to fit well anywhere (maybe the Field Mess and the Pub are possible venues as well?, maybe sticky threads here are enough?).

Does anyone else think subjects like this belong here?
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
              I wonder how a poetry and art forum would do......
              Not really.

However, if we can somehow form alcoholics anonymous and a knitting class, Benny and tankie would be all over it.

Just saying. :)

Comment

How ya been, ya rat bastard?! I'm really sorry to tell you, but only active members are allowed to respond to threads.

Also, I just wanna state for the record that I'm the one going to AA...
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                  Not really.

However, if we can somehow form alcoholics anonymous and a knitting class, Benny and tankie would be all over it.

Well, well, look what the dog dragged in. Where ya been Yello ???

Comment

I wonder how a poetry and art forum would do. I have seen a little of this on WAB (and some pretty good stuff too, I especially admired Bill's "Farewell to a Soldier"), but other than the random thread, it doesn't seem to fit well anywhere (maybe the Field Mess and the Pub are possible venues as well?, maybe sticky threads here are enough?).

Good question, but I would think under the Pub. But if the material were military related, well.....like I said, good question.

I will discuss this with staff and get their opinions. :)

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                      Not really.

Its good to see you back, we missed you.
                      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

As you can see several changes were just made to the forum, which include a new movie section. These changes (and others) were already planned to a degree, though at least partly influenced by the suggestions here (for example having a seperate Movie forum and other subforum instead of a "one for all" hobby and leisure forum.

Comment

I would think poetry would fall under the new "Reading Corner" subforum Tarek has just today installed.

As for art, I would think it would go under the subforum Modeler's corner. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post

Also, I just wanna state for the record that I'm the one going to AA...
                            S'ok, dude, I understand. Hell, If I had to get up every morning and realized I'm you, I'd do some excessive drinking as well.

Ah, hell, just console yourself with the fact you're not texasjohn.

Hiya, Julie!!! :)

Sorry I haven't stalked you lately. :(

It's just that I'm reading this intersting book and it's taking up all my time for the last month or so.....I can't put it down!
                            I'm just turning the pages to see what Spiderman will do next!

Thank, Wis. So finally someone realized I was away. :(

So is Tarek still Admin? And if so, how does he find the time to do his work while still planning the conquest of France?

Comment

Tarek's conquest of France is put on hold since we are keeping him very busy lately. :) We did miss you Yello, I'm sure you got my pm's in your box. You're either a bad liar, or a bad reader, if your excuse is reading a book is why you have been gone so long. Do not insult our intelligence butterbean.

Now, how does everyone like the Pub subforum changes so far? :)

Comment

Working...
                              X