Abca...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abca...

Was at a British pub the other day with a friend shooting the breeze when I couldn't help but over-hear a conversation between two Brits (I know they were Brits...godawful accents ) and they were discussing the "special" relationship they had with America.

One seem to think it was an excellent thing as it gives England a larger geo-political power around the world and the other seem to feel it's been nothing but a big pain in the arse.

So I was curious, how do other members of this board feel ( Aussies, Brits, Canadians and maybe even the Kiwis) about this "special" relationship between your country and America?

Do you feel your country has been helped by it or hurt by it?
    Last edited by YellowFever; 19 Oct 10,, 19:59.

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
    Do you feel your country has been helped by it or hurt by it?
    Helped. Immensely, Tech transfer and the willingness to negotiate at other levels re trade etc.

I think you need to seperate that from political issues. I think re Iraq, we were 100% hurt by it, re bali bombings - and the fact that, well, despite leanings of WAB, that an incredible amount of Australians did not beleive in WMD, & did not beleive Canberras efforts to convince them as such (We are talking about greater than 80% here) But Politically that allegance is strong.
    Ego Numquam

Comment

Working...
    X