Things you do to relax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you do to relax?

We all have many many ways to relax, or just feel good. Post some of the things you like to do.

For me, it has become a weekly ritual, at least once a week. I like to turn the lights off, crank dark side of the moon, crack a cold beer. And play a video game, or just enjoy the music. I do not smoke weed so a beer buzz is the next best way to enjoy the album..

love it. I will also gladly substitute dark side with Animals, or the wall.

...as I start to play Dark side and lurk the WAB forums...
    Last edited by Canmoore; 06 Jul 10,, 04:02.

Soak in a bubble bath.

Comment

I pull weeds in the garden - it is very cathartic for me
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Well there are a range of things depending on the time I have.

If I have all day, I load up the boat and go fishing or load up the guns and go to the range.

In the evening, my absolute favorite thing is to sit on the deck, drink beer and shoot squirrels with my old model 49, single shot Ithaca saddle gun. I use .22 short sub-sonics. The neighbors think it is a pellet rifle.

In the winter, I like to re-load ammo. My hobbies are split up by the seasons. Summer is outdoor stuff, winter I stay indoors. I hate the cold!

Comment

read WAB, what else. :))
          “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Drive ALOT.

Camping

Fishing

Drawing

Stalking people on cyberspace and covering them with whipped cream and throwing strawberries at them.

Comment

Ride my motorbike. Used to be very fast, now with my new one it's technically difficult off-road.
              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I play hockey and sometimes go to the range. Hitting people and the sound of gun shots are relaxing to me. Otherwise I could sleep 14 hours a day. That's relaxing too. And I play computer games.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

As anyone who regularly reads the 'what are you listening to' thread will know, I love to see live music. Mostly it is varieties of loud rock played in small rooms, but I also love to see jazz. This week will be a big one - 5 gigs in 7 days.

Other than that watching Australian Rules Football on a friday evening with the heater on & a cognac or fortified wine in hand is fun in winter.

In summer I love nothing more than having test cricket on the radio or TV. As most matches go for 4-5 days they form a sort of soothing background to whatever you are doing.

In other spare moments watching good movies or TV or reading.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

If there's an interesting female around, then just chilling with her. If not, usually reading a book or taking over the world playing Risk on the computer. Settlers of Catan is also an immensely fun game.

Listening to music non-stop, of course...
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Spending time with Watter Logged.

Hanging out with Ashley and watching a movie or one of her TV shows she likes.

Reading magazines or a good book.

Listening to music.

Getting a pedicure.

Used to weed to relax but since I'm in the apartment I just sweep the sidewalks. lol

And of course reading WAB or playing games on FB.
                      “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                      "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                      sigpic

Comment

Depends, on one hand drinking beer and smoking dope while watching tv or listening to music is relaxing, so is hitting the heavy bag or riding my bike (not the rickshaw) like I stole it through the streets of London really fast at 4am when the streets are deserted. Depends on my mood.

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
                          Depends, on one hand drinking beer and smoking dope while watching tv or listening to music is relaxing, so is hitting the heavy bag or riding my bike (not the rickshaw) like I stole it through the streets of London really fast at 4am when the streets are deserted. Depends on my mood.
                          I added a tiny sip of whisky to my relaxation rituals, after a long break - weed is so problematic I don't dare consider it - they test for it at my pain clinic and set the cut off at 5 nanograms/liter - about 1/10,000th of the amount it takes to have an effect - and it stays in the body for weeks (it did help me when I had cancer, and in small medicinal amounts it can be a great releif for the horrific nausea of chemo - nausea like that makes severe pain seem easy - I had a spinal infection as a side effect from the dental extractions required, and I still live with pain -but it is controlled and I have the right medicine, which doesn't cloud my thinking). While meth testing cutoof is 0.1mg/liter - which would alow a tweaker to take massive amounts and pass a test. Similar cutoffs for other powder drugs like cocaine and heroin- why is our society so afraid of a plant? (I enjoy a clear head - so these "powder" drugs are just mentioned for reference - I don't consider them recreational - just destructive).

In addition to gardening, of course music, reading, writiing, art and WAB are very enjoyable.
                          Last edited by USSWisconsin; 06 Jul 10,, 15:52.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I don't understand?

What does relax mean?

Music, beer, battlefields, books. Put in a big blender. Serve cold.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Cigar + Rum + Book/DVD.

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X