Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks To Be Them

Epoch Times - Muslims Protest Selling of Fake Goat Meat in Northwest China

It was discovered recently in Zhangye City in China’s northwest province of Gansu that pork, labeled as Qingzhen (kosher) goat meat was being sold and distributed throughout Gansu, Xinjiang, Qinghai, and other provinces.

When shocked Muslims launched large-scale protests, heavily armed police arrived at the scene, blocked off traffic, and established day-and-night surveillance.

The Muslim populace demanded that the guilty party be severely punished, forcing Government authorities to hold a press conference and depose two bureau chiefs. Local Muslims tried to spread words of caution by Internet, but their information was censored.
    Hundreds of Muslims protest

On June 26, Islam Online in China (islamcn.net) reported that several hundred Muslims in Gansu traced the fake goat meat to its production site on June 8 and discovered that it was actually thinly sliced pork labeled as kosher goat meat. At least 200 tons have been produced, of which 180 tons have been sold in markets or eaten by consumers.

The Muslim communities in different areas were enraged upon hearing this news, considering it another food-related scandal following the exposure of toxic milk, as well as an attempt to violate ethnic and religious principles.

Mr. Ma, a resident of Xining City in Qinghai Province, told The Epoch Times that the issue is big in his area; since June 10, several hundred Muslims have travelled to the Zhangye Public Security Bureau by bus to protest; however, heavily armed police blocked off the roads and imposed all-night surveillance.

Mr. Zhang from Zhangye City confirmed that the local government intended to conceal this issue, but large-scale protests forced the Zhangye mayor to publicly apologize and the Gansu government to hold a press conference and depose four officials.
    News censored

News about the fake goat meat in Zhangye is strictly censored on the internet. A Muslim posted a message stating that, “This is a serious and unprecedented issue. I was enraged when I saw the news and wanted to spread the wors via internet to fellow Muslims, but the information was blocked.”

On June 12, Gansu Net (gscn.com.cn) reported that journalists from about a dozen media were present when the Ganzhou District government held a press conference to announce that three workers of a food company had been illegally processing meat as kosher meat products.

The district commerce association, public security office, and animal quarantine department verified that the processing plant was not kosher certified; however, the workers were labeling and packaging their products as kosher food.

On June 11, the Ganzhou District government announced the dismissal of Chiefs of Ganzhou Business Bureau and the Ganzhou District Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision.

Sure, it pisses me off a bit that it was labeled Kosher and was in actuality pork, but the difference is that if a Jew repents, his sin is gone, especially for something they had no way of knowing. The Muslims that ate this meat are fcuked, though.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

I think I will have pork chops for dinner tonight. Mmmm pork chops!

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
      I think I will have pork chops for dinner tonight. Mmmm pork chops!
      Breaded stuffed pork chops.:));)

I can respect their wishes about being dupped though as anyone else would be pissed not getting what you paid for.
      Last edited by Dreadnought; 05 Jul 10,, 16:58.
      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

There was a time period in New Zealand when I ate pig. Bacon, pork chops, ham, you name it. I just didn't find it appealing, at all. Give me beef any day of the week and twice on Sunday
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          There was a time period in New Zealand when I ate pig. Bacon, pork chops, ham, you name it. I just didn't find it appealing, at all. Give me beef any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Bacon is like the heroin of meat.

Comment

The Muslims that ate this meat are fcuked, though
            Not really, at least according to the Qur'an

But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then there is no sin on him. Truly, God is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful
            at least I understand that the way that in this case none of them have comitted a sin

Comment

we can not eat pork knowingly.

in this case i can safely state that they have no problem. until they eat it again.

pigs are not clean enough to eat...

oh btw, what is the meaning of word "Muslim" in Arami?
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                pigs are not clean enough to eat...

oh btw, what is the meaning of word "Muslim" in Arami?
                I don't care if mister piggy eats the excrement of its ebola riddled dead offspring to be honest... bacon tastes goooooooood
                The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

to my knowledge and understanding the notion of pigs being unclean in the Qu'ran comes less from the behavior of the animals, but their use for sacrifces in other religions

Comment

BR,

I eat very little pork in the forms you listed. Not a fan of pork sausages either. I do like it sliced thin, marinaded for a day & stir fried, but I found it made me feel a bit queasy.

What I simply could not live without, however, is pork as used in cured meats. The various forms of salami are among my favourite foods (though I can't eat as much as I'd like - too fatty). My favourite by far is spanish chorizo. I also love shredded ham on a pizza. I regularly have pizzas with both ham & salami on them.

I have eaten cured meats made without pork & they are nice (next time you are in Oz try to track down kangaroo salami - very yummy) but they can only compliment the pork-based ones, not replace.

As an aside, I once knew a hindu/muslim couple - couldn't eat pork OR beef. Very tricky at group dinners - ate lots of chicken, lamb & fish. ;)
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Nothing wrong with chowing done a couple dozen lamb chops...

Comment

My cousin came by yesterday with a pork tenderloin that had been slow smoked over charcoal in a smoker for 2 days.

Needless to say, with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping, it was unspeakably good. It topped bacon with ease. If bacon is heroin, then smoked BBQ pork = crack cocaine.

No knowledge of the sin should make forgiveness a cinch, but I am no theologian.

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
                          I don't care if mister piggy eats the excrement of its ebola riddled dead offspring to be honest... bacon tastes goooooooood
                          tastes differs culture to culture and all of them have my deepest respect :)
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                            to my knowledge and understanding the notion of pigs being unclean in the Qu'ran comes less from the behavior of the animals, but their use for sacrifces in other religions
                            that rule comes before the uncleaness.
                            Mâide / 3

Yusuf Ali (English)
                            Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked The name of other than Allah;(691) that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form);(692) that which is sacrificed(693) on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division(694) (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion:(695) yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion(696) for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. *

M. Pickthall (English)
                            Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swine flesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion AL- ISLAM. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
                            En’âm / 145

Yusuf Ali (English)
                            Say: "I find not in the message received by me by inspiration any (meat) forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be dead meat, or blood poured forth,(969) or the flesh of swine,- for it is an abomination - or, what is impious, (meat) on which a name has been invoked, other than Allah.s". But (even so), if a person is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- thy Lord is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. *

M. Pickthall (English)
                            Say: I find not in that which is revealed unto me aught prohibited to an eater that he eat thereof, except it be carrion, or blood poured forth, or swine flesh for that verily is foul or the abomination which was immolated to the name of other than Allah. But whoso is compelled (thereto), neither craving nor transgressing, (for him) lo ! your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
                            Nahl / 115

Yusuf Ali (English)
                            He has only forbidden you(2152) dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. *

M. Pickthall (English)
                            He hath forbidden for you only carrion and blood and swine flesh and that which hath been immolated in the name of any other than Allah; but he who is driven thereto, neither craving nor transgressing, lo! then Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
                            but even in these translations there are little nuances that you miss due to translation rules.

for exemple in Turkish version of the above part theres a phrase that can be added like this:
                            "He has only forbidden you(2152) dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, and by giving someones due or without malicious trespassing others rights, nor transgressing due limits,- then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. *"

Bakara / 173

Yusuf Ali (English)
                            He hath only forbidden you dead meat(173), and blood, and the flesh of swine, and that on which any other name hath been invoked besides that of Allah(174). But if one is forced by necessity, without wilful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits,- then is he guiltless. For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful. *

M. Pickthall (English)
                            He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swine flesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Comment

Nothing wrong with chowing done a couple dozen lamb chops...
                              Now come to think of it, dog tastes like lamb.

Comment

Working...
                              X