PBS show about the USS Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS show about the USS Wisconsin

Not sure if this is a new show or not, but it was on PBS.org a few days ago. You can watch it on this Navy TV website. It's about 35 minutes long.

USS Wisconsin: The Last Battleship
    Discover why the USS Wisconsin is truly the most unique battleship in the world. Experience the excitement and nostalgia as the world’s largest guns fire from the deck for the last time.

This documentary, produced by Wisconsin Public Television, chronicles the life of the USS Wisconsin, defines its unique place in history and profiles the courageous men who went to war on its decks.

Originally posted by Ken_NJ View Post
    Not sure if this is a new show or not, but it was on PBS.org a few days ago. You can watch it on this Navy TV website. It's about 35 minutes long.

USS Wisconsin: The Last Battleship
    Discover why the USS Wisconsin is truly the most unique battleship in the world. Experience the excitement and nostalgia as the world’s largest guns fire from the deck for the last time.

This documentary, produced by Wisconsin Public Television, chronicles the life of the USS Wisconsin, defines its unique place in history and profiles the courageous men who went to war on its decks.

Yep! She is one of my "babies". And my home state as well. As a matter of fact, while I was still in high school, my step-dad (who worked at LBNSY) took us down to the shipyard on an open house day. "Wisky" was the first active Navy ship I ever went aboard.

The last time I saw her was in dry dock in Philly. I measured and sketched up all the additions that were done to her (such as out of the weather vestibules to the bridge) that were to be written into a shipalt for adding on to the other three ships.

A labor of love.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Forgot to add this photo of me climbing Wisky's mast while on that shipcheck. On my birthday.

Not a very clear photo as I copied off the 35 mm proof sheet. I have a clearer 8 X 10 that I will scan later.
      Attached Files
      Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
      X