When Wombats go Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Wombats go Bad

I tell you people, Australia is a dangerous place. Even the wombats are deadly. This one ambushed this guy, dragged him to the ground & jumped on his chest. EVERYTHING here will kill you - seriously!!

Wombat attacks 60-year-old Black Saturday survivor outside caravan
    AAP From: news.com.au April 06, 2010 1:33PM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?

A wombat who attacked a man was probably suffering from mange and highly irritated. Picture: AAP Source: AAP

A BLACK Saturday survivor got more than he bargained for when he emerged from his caravan at Flowerdale to be attacked by a wombat.

Bruce Kringle, 60, stepped outside his temporary accommodation just before 7am and was attacked by the wombat, which clawed and bit at his leg and brought him to the ground.

The wombat jumped onto Mr Kringle's chest to continue the mauling, but he was able to reach for an axe and deliver a fatal blow to the marauding marsupial.

Kelly Smith, who works at the Flowerdale Hotel, said the wombat had emerged from under Mr Kringle's caravan before attacking him.

"Bruce managed to find an axe and killed it,'' Ms Smith told AAP.

"It's bizarre what happened.

"He's okay but the wombat mauled his leg, got him to the ground and then started clawing at his chest.''

She said Mr Kringle was living in the caravan on his block of land until his house is built.

Paramedics arrived at Mr Kringle's property and dressed his wounds before transferring him to the Northern Hospital where is in a stable condition.
    Wombat attacks 60-year-old Black Saturday survivor outside caravan | Herald Sun
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

You ain't gotta try to convince me! Btwn the poisonous snakes, spiders, crocs, sharks, and jellyfish, I'd have to be armed to feel safe!;)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
      You ain't gotta try to convince me! Btwn the poisonous snakes, spiders, crocs, sharks, and jellyfish, I'd have to be armed to feel safe!;)

Damn mate, if a big tough ole' ex-badass like yourself is scared, imagine how the rest of us feel.

Fortunately the year we all spend in primary school learning how not to get killed by the wildlife tends to kick in instinctively, so if we live past childhood we mostly get to pension age.;)
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I'm not too proud to say it! The critters in Panama alone scared me more than the bad guys! Jungle school taught us about the Anacondas, Caimans, Fer-de-lances, spiders and little yellow tree frogs that can kill you. The Atlantic side had its share of aquatic beasties as well including great whites. So basically, I guess the only thing I was missing was rampaging Wombats.

Hey wait a minute....what do you mean EX-badass??? ;)

I think the older I get the bolder I get. I actually was actually pretty meek and quiet back then.

Comment

I am getting old. For a second there, I've read when When Woman go Bad and then, I found nothing new in the article.

Comment

nah, a woman would have went for the throat, not the chest.

Comment

Actually, lower.

Comment

Yeah, women are much worse.

They can bleed for five days and still rip your throat out!

(ok, ok, a joke in bad taste...but someone had to say it...don't ban me. :)) )

Comment

Did the Dingo eat your babay????
                  "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...just make sure you thrust upward through his ribcage."

Comment

snakes, wolves, bears..etc aren't that dangerous if you know how to deal\avoid them, they aren't the worst creatures, insects are the worst.
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Hey wait a minute....what do you mean EX-badass??? ;)
                      You don't get to put it under 'occupation' any more, do you? As for what you do in your spare time....:))

I think the older I get the bolder I get. I actually was actually pretty meek and quiet back then.
                      You are a scary, scary man.:)):))
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post

A wombat who attacked a man was probably suffering from mange and highly irritated.
                        "mange and highly irritated" sounds more like Freddy Furkensturker to me. Anyone could easily mistake him for a Wombat in the twilight. Closer examination would of course have shown that a wombat is much prettier but when being mugged by Freddy, mistakes could be made. Have you noticed that Freddy and a wombat have never been seen in the same room;):))

Comment

Blackwater

Oh I'm not too proud to say it! The critters in Panama alone scared me more than the bad guys! Jungle school taught us about the Anacondas, Caimans, Fer-de-lances, spiders and little yellow tree frogs that can kill you. The Atlantic side had its share of aquatic beasties as well including great whites. So basically, I guess the only thing I was missing was rampaging Wombats.
                          Then there's my infamous "capybara incident". To those who don't know, they are an aquatic rodent, weighing up to eighty pounds. Imagine what a web footed guinea pig the size of a dog looks like.

I was crossing a sandbar that separated the river from the swamp when I had this really strong feeling I was being watched. I crouched down in about three inches of water, finger on the trigger, hair on neck my standing straight up. I sniffed the wind and took a slow heel-toe step down the partially submerged path.

I guess that was about the time they ran out of air. The little bastards we're all hiding just under the surface holding their breath. The whole damn herd (pack, flock, whatever) came bursting out of hiding in a great cloud of spray, inches from my feet, scaring the crap out of me. I of course, mister nerves of steel, panicked and emptied the whole magazine. The capybaras of course were long gone leaving me covered in muddy water and empty brass everywhere. It took a loooonnng time for me to live that one down.
                          Last edited by sappersgt; 08 Apr 10,, 23:12.
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            Actually, lower.
                            ok lets say it this way:

Her teeth would go after your throat, her knee after your groin, and her hands after your wallet.

Comment

Put your wallet in your crotch area to protect the jewels, and she'll never go there anyway, so she won't know where the money is
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                              X