Top Long Rifleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Long Rifleman

Today at the library, I found this interesting tidbit of info: The US military does not have the best snipers, the USSS does, in the form of the United States Secret Service Counter Snipers.

-Tink

I'm sure they are, since they have to protect the most important person in the world.

Comment

The USSS has the best pool to draw from, so it only makes sense they'd have the best snipers. The FBI HRT snipers are also extremely good.

Out of curiosity, what's got you looking into snipers at the library?

Edit to add: I guess the troll won't be answering that question since he just got his dumbasss banned. :)
      Last edited by Bill; 20 Apr 05,, 06:38.

Comment

"I guess the troll won't be answering that question since he just got his dumbasss banned. :)"
        What was up with him?

Comment

Troll posting under multiple screen names.

Comment

Ah. Now I see. Why do people do that?
            And an anti-gun USMS?!?!?
            That's like almost like a fast $500 PC from 2000 (My 5-year-old iMac still works great).

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              The USSS has the best pool to draw from, so it only makes sense they'd have the best snipers. The FBI HRT snipers are also extremely good.
              This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere? This came to my mind because I was just wondering that "best pool" thing and that made me to think that they select best from military and from other agencies. (I am probably totally wrong . I have no idea how Secret Service selects its agents/personel)
              And another question: what or who is/are HRT?

Comment

Originally posted by korppi76
                This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere? This came to my mind because I was just wondering that "best pool" thing and that made me to think that they select best from military and from other agencies. (I am probably totally wrong . I have no idea how Secret Service selects its agents/personel)
                And another question: what or who is/are HRT?

The HRT is the FBI hostage rescue team.

Comment

" This might be stupid question but does USSS get its snipers from military or from elsewhere?"

The USSS can draw from the military, police SWAT, CIA, FBI, etc.

Being a secret service agent is a highly prestigious job, and it pays better than the FBI does...so the USSS tends to get access to the best candidates. On top of that, i would imagine the USSS sniper program is probably very good.

Comment

Thanks, I had thought they might get their sniper that way but wasn't sure.

Comment

Sorry, but could anyone explain to me the word "troll"?
                      I have no idea what it means...

Is the USSS a task force made to protect someone? I think sniperdude made an suggestion like that...

Comment

The USSS protects the president of the US.

A troll is someone that comes to a board under false pretenses, or to start trouble.

Comment

USSS stands for "United States Secret Service."

Comment

Working...
                          X