Natalie Portman to Star in ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalie Portman to Star in ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’

Natalie Portman to Star in ‘Pride and Prejudice and Zombies’ Film Adaptation | Daily Contributor

Brothers star Natalie Portman has confirmed that she will appear as the lead in the upcoming film adaptation of the New York Times bestselling book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. She is also set to produce the movie.

Brothers star Natalie Portman has confirmed that she will appear as the lead in the upcoming film adaptation of the New York Times bestselling book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. She is also set to produce the movie.

Released in April 2009, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is a mash-up story that puts a modern twist to Jane Austen’s classic 1813 novel, Pride and Prejudice, by injecting into the narrative a number of pop-culture elements, including, as the title suggests, hungry and violent zombies. The book was written by American author Seth Grahame-Smith and published by Quirk Books, which, after the book’s surprising success, went on to release Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, another mash-up novel based on another beloved Jane Austen classic.

The film rights to the book was sold to a then undisclosed production company around the same time it was published. The buyer turned out to be either of the two companies tied to the project as producers, Dark Films and Portman’s own company, Handsome Charlie Films.

Portman will topbill the film, to be directed by Richard Kelly (of Donnie Darko fame), as the story’s protagonist, Elizabeth Bennet, a character previously portrayed on the big screen by Portman’s doppelgänger, Kiera Knightley.
    When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep? - George Canning sigpic

While I'm a big fan of mash-ups I'm not sure of mashing up pride and prejudice. I'm sure I'd be willing to suspend judgement however if Ms Portman were to play the part naked and whoever plays Jane gets disembowelled early on.
    Last edited by Parihaka; 14 Dec 09,, 19:00.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Saw that book at a bookstore few weeks ago, very catchy, but after 15 minutes of it, I have to put it down.

I would like it better if I was 20 years younger.
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

for the ones who know the novel, i think it ll be interesting to laugh..

Comment

I'd watch it.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Oooooh, Cann't wait to start posting pictures of her as Hot Zombie Chick
            Attached Files

Comment

Finally, a way to make Jane Austen interesting.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Forsooth Sir, I would swear were it not for the inconvenience of distance you would regret your words. In truth it is said that you are a man of mean understanding, little information, and uncertain temper.

Harsh words you say but in all conscience I am a great deal too apt, you know, to like people in general. I never see a fault in anybody. All the world are good and agreeable in my eyes. I would not wish to be hasty in censuring anyone; but I always speak what I think.
                However, nothing is more deceitful than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast.

In short I can assure you, that miss Austin does not lose much by not suiting your fancy; for you are a most disagreeable, horrid man, not at all worth pleasing. So high and so conceited that there was is enduring you! You talked here, and talked there, fancying yourself so very great! Not in truth refined enough to converse with! A quite detestable man.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

can it beat this ?
                  If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Here is what got me through it.

Even the cliff notes were boring.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X